• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451"

Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451"

Video: Ray Bradbury on Fahrenheit 451 inspiration

B. Steadman

Jenny Sawyer does, from what I seen so far (Bruce also posted her review of the Longitude novel), an excellent job of reviewing books.

1. She appears to have a very balanced combination of "cool", "insightful" and "intelligent". Not that having one implies that you typically wouldn't have one or both of the other traits.

2. She's nice to look at it! Being physically attractive helps when people are watching you give a book review rather than reading a written review.

Comment

I have not read Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451" novel but I most certainly have heard of it (and some of his other books) and have read about it.

I did, however, as a young boy, regularly watch his the television program, the RAY BRADBURY THEATER. Below is the FULL INTRO as well as the first several minutes of an episode entitled, "The Coffin":

Comment

As Ray Bradbury points out in the video (Ray Bradbury on Fahrenheit 451 inspiration) that Bruce posted at the top of the this thread, you don't have to, nor should you, go to college to 'learn' how to write.

The best way to learn how to write is to read as many books as you can. If you want to write novels, then read a lot novels. That's what I did.

You'll also learn the best method, of the method that you like, of formatting the pages and layout by reading as many books as you can.

And you don't need to read all of the books that you THINK WOULD BE REQUIRED in college literature or english classes,

Most of my writing style and technique come from reading nearly ALL OF THE BOOKS written by the following authors:

1. Micheal Crichton (1942-2008), he's what I (and others) might call the father of the "techno-thriller" novels.

2. Robin Cook (1940), he's might not be the father of these (or maybe he is) but he writes excellent "medical-thriller" novels.

3. Sidney Sheldon (1917-2007), I don't know how best to articulately and accurately describe this author. I do know that I like, very much so, his work. My favorite novel by Sidney Sheldon is entitled, Rage of Angels (1980). A couple other thing that I can say about his books are that his books typically consist near entirely of dialog which, for most people, makes for easier, faster and more entertaining reading. The other is that he had the ability to make some of the most normal, I mean the epitome of seemingly boring every day life stuff, read like a thrilling and riveting movie script.

PS. I read many other books too, by a plethora of writers.

Comment

Working...
        X