• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton - 'Corrine, Corrina'

Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton - Corrine, Corrina

Corrine, Corrina - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrine,_Corrina
    B. Steadman

BRUCE , you are a man who enjoys the finer things in life ~ especially music . WYNTON is playing a very unusual trumpet in this video . It was made from a solid brass casting , including the mouthpiece , and it weighs 8 POUNDS . I met Wynton at his concert in West Palm Beach , Florida and heard him play jazz classics . He also autographed an album cover for me . My favorite music by him is classical and baroque . He sometimes records the same cd from 4 or 8 different positions in the studio or cathedral . In a number named " MOTO PERPETUO " ( PERPETUAL MOTION ) , he plays for 4 minutes and 30 seconds without " stopping " for a breath . He told me he uses rotary breathing , meaning that he breathes through his nose while blowing through his mouth ~ like a bagpiper does . I say this is impossible , but would love to have that ability when I sing .

Comment

You're right -

Wynton does an absolutely amazing performance of 'Moto Perpetuo' as shown in the following video:

ps. I'm a bit skeptical myself about his description of that 'rotary breathing' technique, but whatever it is that he does is VERY IMPRESSIVE!
      Last edited by bsteadman; 11-22-2013, 02:33 AM.
      B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
      X