X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Phantom of the Opera" - Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman - 1988

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA LIVE - 1988 TONY AWARDS

B. Steadman

BRUCE , BRUCE , BRUCE . YOU ARE AMAZING . " Phantom of the Opera " is a masterpiece , and my all time favorite stage play .
    I have seen it on stage 3 times , the movie 6 times , and I have at least 7 different videos of different versions . I also own the book by Gaston Leroux , and after reading it , am convinced that it is based partly in truth . The name of the phantom is ERIC , a genius composer of music , architect , and other talents , who had his face badly burned as a child .
    The earliest movie was in 1925 , and starred the great Lon Chaney ( master of 1,000 faces). The others are a movie starring Gordon McRae and Kathryn Grayson , a weird one with Robert Englund ( Freddy Kruger ) , the recent movie version & others .
    The most important version is my quest ~ the original London cast with Sarah Brightman and Dennis Crawford , which was made and given only to a few select people including members of the cast . Maybe some day it will be offered for sale .
    I also sing the music ~ " Music of the Night " , " All I Ask of You " , and others ( if I can find a soprano who is capable .
    Sarah " Brighteyes " , or " Brightstar " ( as I call her ) is the absolute perfect singer for the part of Christine Daia . She was married to the composer , Andrew Lloyd Weber , then later to Dennis Crawford .

Comment

Working...
    X