• Show
Clear All

• Hear Bill Ayers say again, 'I wrote Obama bio' -- WND, Art Moore

Hear Bill Ayers say again, 'I wrote Obama bio'

Weather Underground leader tells Jerry Corsi on tape

WND

Art Moore
    1/30/2014

Bill Ayers, the unrepentant former leader of the radical 1960s Weather Underground group, has been asked on several occasions over the past five years if he wrote “Dreams from My Father,” the book offered as evidence that Barack Obama is an intellectual heavyweight worthy of the Oval Office despite his relatively thin resume.

Aware of WND columnist and author Jack Cashill’s extensive literary analysis and independent corroboration by a friendly Obama biographer, Ayers has obscured his responses with a layer of irony, telling inquirers in essence, Yes, I did, and if you can help me prove it, I’ll split the royalties with you.

Prior to a debate Thursday night with author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza at Dartmouth College, Ayers brought up the subject himself in an exchange with WND senior reporter Jerome Corsi.

The conversation took a familiar path, but toward the end, Corsi tried to cut through the irony, pointing out to Ayers that he typically says he wrote it and will split the royalties with anyone who can prove it.

Corsi asserted that Ayers’ familiar, ironic reply was a declaration that he doesn’t really mean what he’s saying, that he was “taking it back.”

“No, it does not take it back,” Ayers insisted.

“It doesn’t?” asked Corsi.

“No,” Ayers said.

“You wrote it?”

“I wrote it,” Ayers said.

Whether or not Ayers was simply draping another layer of irony on his “admission,” Cashill’s compelling comparative analysis was confirmed in a 2009 book by celebrity biographer Christopher Anderson, “Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage,” which recounted in some detail how a desperate Obama in the mid-1990s, facing a second canceled book contract, sought the help of Ayers.

Cashill, who makes his case in his book “Deconstructing Obama,” said in a 2011 interview with WND he believed Ayers, with a sharp intellect, had been “careful to couch his comments with irony.”

Cashill said he believed, however, that Ayers’s irony was not aimed at critics like him but at the White House, “letting Obama know that he could blow Obama out of the water, if he gets serious about it.”

Cashill noted Ayers is strongly anti-war and at odds with many of Obama’s policies.

“All Ayers would have to do is give a press conference in which he demonstrated he was the principle craftsman behind ‘Dreams’ and the whole myth of Obama’s literary genius would come crashing down,” Cashill said.

The exchange Thursday night went like this:

Corsi: “I’ve written about you.”

Ayers: “You’ve written about me? What did you write?”

Corsi: “I work for WND. I wrote ‘The Obama Nation’ book.”

Ayers: “Oh yeah, ‘The Obama Nation.’ … I vaguely remember, but you know that I wrote ‘Dreams from My Father,’ right?”

Corsi: “Well, you say that, but you kid about it all the time.”

Ayers: “Which is true.”

Corsi: “You tell me. I think you did.”

Ayers: “I did, I did. You’re right. You get the scoop. That’s a scoop.”

Corsi: “Can I quote you on that?”

Ayers: “You can quote me on that and help me split the royalties, too, if you can prove it.”

Corsi: “Oh, you always say that.”

Ayers: “I always say that.”

Corsi: “So, you take it back?”

Ayers: “No, I’m not taking it back.”

Corsi: “That takes it back.”

Ayers: “No, it does not take it back.”

Corsi: “It doesn’t?”

Ayers: “No.”

Corsi: You wrote it?

Ayers: “I wrote it.”

‘Just a guy’

“Dreams” won the 2006 Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album and drew praise from Time magazine, which called it “the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician.”

In the 2008 election campaign, Obama dismissed Ayers as merely a fellow resident of the upscale Hyde Park area of Chicago, or “just a guy in the neighborhood.”

But Ayers – whose movement sought to overthrow the U.S. government and replace it with a communist regime – served with Obama in the leadership of education projects with radical aims and has admitted to hosting Obama’s first political fundraiser the same year “Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance” was published, 1995.

View the complete article at:

http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/bill-ayer...o-confessions/
    B. Steadman

Free Republic is running a thread titled, 'Hear Bill Ayers say again, 'I wrote Obama bio' (Corsi prompts "non-ironic" declaration)', which was started 2/1/2014 by 'Seizethecarp'

The thread references a 1/30/2014 WND article written by Art Moore - http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/bill-ayer...o-confessions/

View the complete Free Republic thread at:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3118213/posts

Excerpt from the initial thread posting:

Prior to a debate Thursday night with author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza at Dartmouth College, Ayers brought up the subject himself in an exchange with WND senior reporter Jerome Corsi.

The conversation took a familiar path, but toward the end, Corsi tried to cut through the irony, pointing out to Ayers that he typically says he wrote it and will split the royalties with anyone who can prove it.

Corsi asserted that Ayers’ familiar, ironic reply was a declaration that he doesn’t really mean what he’s saying, that he was “taking it back.”

“No, it does not take it back,” Ayers insisted.

“It doesn’t?” asked Corsi.

“No,” Ayers said.

“You wrote it?”

“I wrote it,” Ayers said.

Whether or not Ayers was simply draping another layer of irony on his “admission,” Cashill’s compelling comparative analysis was confirmed in a 2009 book by celebrity biographer Christopher Anderson, “Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage,” which recounted in some detail how a desperate Obama in the mid-1990s, facing a second canceled book contract, sought the help of Ayers.

Excerpts from comments in the thread:

To: LucyT; null and void; Cold Case Posse Supporter; Flotsam_Jetsome; circumbendibus; Fantasywriter; ...

Ping to Corsi on audio getting Ayers to make a “non-ironic” declaration that he wrote “Dreams.” This is what I had hoped D’Souza would obtain from Ayers in the Dartmouth debate, so I am glad to see that Corsi got the job done, although Ayers knows fully well that the MSM will ignore anything the Corsi and WND publish.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/bill-ayer...o-confessions/

2 posted on Saturday, February 01, 2014 12:17:42 PM by Seizethecarp (Defend aircraft from "runway kill zone" mini-drone helicopter swarm attacks: www.runwaykillzone.com)
    B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
    X