No announcement yet.

Fort Hood Hero Says President Obama 'Betrayed' Her, Other Victims -- ABC News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Hood Hero Says President Obama 'Betrayed' Her, Other Victims -- ABC News

Fort Hood Hero Says President Obama 'Betrayed' Her, Other Victims

ABC News

Ned Berkowitz and Brian Ross
    2/12/2013

Excerpt:

Three years after the White House arranged a hero's welcome at the State of the Union address for the Fort Hood police sergeant and her partner who stopped the deadly shooting there, Kimberly Munley says President Obama broke the promise he made to her that the victims would be well taken care of.

"Betrayed is a good word," former Sgt. Munley told ABC News in a tearful interview to be broadcast tonight on "World News with Diane Sawyer" and "Nightline."

"Not to the least little bit have the victims been taken care of," she said. "In fact they've been neglected."

There was no immediate comment from the White House about Munley's allegations.

Thirteen people were killed, including a pregnant soldier, and 32 others shot in the November 2009 rampage by the accused shooter, Major Nidal Hasan, who now awaits a military trial on charges of premeditated murder and attempted murder.

Tonight's broadcast report also includes dramatic new video, obtained by ABC News, taken in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, capturing the chaos and terror of the day.

Munley, since laid off from her job with the base's civilian police force, was shot three times as she and her partner, Sgt. Mark Todd, confronted Hasan, who witnesses said had shouted "Allahu Akbar" as he opened fire on soldiers being processed for deployment to Afghanistan.

As Munley lay wounded, Todd fired the five bullets credited with bringing Hasan down.

Despite extensive evidence that Hasan was in communication with al Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki prior to the attack, the military has denied the victims a Purple Heart and is treating the incident as "workplace violence" instead of "combat related" or terrorism.

Munley and dozens of other victims have now filed a lawsuit against the military alleging the "workplace violence" designation means the Fort Hood victims are receiving lower priority access to medical care as veterans, and a loss of financial benefits available to those who injuries are classified as "combat related."

View the complete post, including video, at:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-h...ry?id=18465024
    B. Steadman

Hero's Islamic killer gets off scot-free

Pamela Geller, Wednesday Weekly Column: "I just did MyJihad"

Atlas Shrugs

Pamela Geller
    2/13/2013

Excerpt:

This is Obama's idea of victory in Afghanistan. Our sons and daughters........so much collateral damage in the Obama's Post-America.

Here's just one story. One terrible story replayed over and over and over.

The killer of this great American hero in another green on blue attack was Aynoddin, the 19 year old "tea boy" of Afghan District Police Chief Sarwar Jan. He was immediately captured following the shooting of Lance Cpl. Greg Buckley Jr and three of his fellow Marines. "I just did jihad" Aynoddin proudly shouted over and over.

Lance Cpl. Greg Buckley Jr shared this;

"District Police Chief Jan, who supplied the assault rifle, most likely helped plan and certainly approved the attack was detained. The following day the Taliban claimed responsibility for the murders.

So why then am I still fighting tooth & nail to get justice for my son? In the weeks following his death The Marine Corps concluded their investigation, classifying it as a "Homicide". They then turned the investigation over to Naval Criminal Investigative Service. Since the day NCIS took over I feel we have been stonewalled. And to be perfectly honest I'm running out of patience. ...

I met with an NCIS investigator just last week, and all he seemed interested in was what I knew, & how I found out!

Then he told me I should fill out a Freedom of Information Act request form if I want to learn the results of their investigation, but it could take a year!

Through our own investigation we learned Chief Jan was released & The Pentagon wants to turn Aynoddin back over to the Afghans. Why? Because Our Commander in Chief thinks we must remain "culturally sensitive" to the needs of the Afghanistans! Screw Them!

I know this administration thinks we'll just go away but that will NEVER happen. I will not rest until I know why our soldiers were ordered to be unarmed, but Afghans were permitted to carry weapons on our bases. I will not rest until they explain why they allowed Chief Jan to be released. I will not rest until Aynoddin is tried as the terrorist that he is. And I certainly will not rest until they admit these Insider Attacks are in-fact Terrorist Attacks.

Gd bless this father and his family. We must assist Greg Buckley Sr get justice.

View the complete post at:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...y-column-.html
    B. Steadman

Comment

Members of Congress Demand Obama Administration Classify Ft. Hood Attack as an 'Act of Terrorism'

Atlas Shrugs

Pamela Geller
      2/14/2013

Excerpt:

Finally. This is monstrous. This story is close to four years old. Why did this take so long? And why did ABC wait until after election to run this terrible miscarriage of justice?

How far will the jihad sympathizer in the White House push this?

Members of Congress Demand Obama Administration Classify Ft. Hood Attack as an 'Act of Terrorism' ABC News

In the wake of an ABC News story detailing claims by victims of the Fort Hood shooting that they have been neglected by the military and 'betrayed' by President Obama, the chair of the House Homeland Security Committee has sent a letter to his fellow members of Congress demanding that the Obama administration classify the attack as a terrorist act and provide full benefits to the victims and their families.

"It is time for the administration to recognize the Fort Hood shooting for what it is—an act of terrorism," wrote Rep. Michael McCaul, R.-Texas, in a letter cosigned by Rep. Frank Wolf, R.-Virginia. "To date, the Department of Defense and the Army classify this attack [as] 'workplace violence,' despite mountains of evidence [that] clearly proves the Ft. Hood shooting was an act of terror."

The letter recommends that members of Congress view the ABC News report, "which highlights the broken promises made to the victims of that attack by the Obama Administration. The video contains never-seen-before footage of the terrorist attack and moving interviews with several of the survivors."

"As this news piece makes clear," wrote McCaul and Wolf, "the result of this inexcusable [workplace violence] classification … is that victims and their families have not received the same recognition or medical and financial benefits as those wounded or killed in war."

View the complete post at:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...terrorism.html
      Last edited by bsteadman; 02-15-2013, 05:12 PM.
      B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
      X