Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBS News' Bob Schieffer; Media Wasn't Skeptical Enough Of Obama; Very Unusual Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS News' Bob Schieffer; Media Wasn't Skeptical Enough Of Obama; Very Unusual Name

Confession: CBS News' Bob Schieffer; Media Wasn't Skeptical Enough Of Obama; Very Unusual Name

Birther Report

6/1/2015

Excerpt:

CBS News' Bob Schieffer confesses to Fox News' Howard Kurtz that maybe the media wasn't skeptical enough of Obama.

VIDEO EXCERPT:

( Video via Media Buzz @ Fox News )

Transcript via Media Buzz @ NewsBusters:

HOWARD KURTZ: Many people in this country, as you know, think the three broadcast networks are too biased, too liberal. Would you agree looking back that the media gave Barack Obama an incredibly easy ride in 2008, and for much of his presidency?

BOB SCHIEFFER: Well, I think, I think the whole political world was struck by this fella who sort of came out of nowhere with this very unusual name and when he won out in Iowa, I think people sat up and took notice.

KURTZ: But isn't it the job journalists to be skeptical even of the young phenom?

SCHIEFFER: Yeah, it is. It is. And I don't know, maybe we were not skeptical enough. It was a campaign. Howie, my feeling is, it is the role of the other -- of the opponents to make the campaign. I think as journalists, basically, what we do is we watch the campaign and we report what the two sides are doing. I think it is the politicians who make the campaign.

KURTZ: But don't journalists have an adversarial role to play when you have a presidential candidate in the chair facing you --

SCHIEFFER: Sure.

KURTZ: You want to be tough on that person?

SCHIEFFER: Well, I think you want to get at the truth. What you're trying to do is find out who this person is and what he's about. I don't think that always has to be adversarial.

Seriously!?

Related headlines from around the Interwebs:

NewsBusters:

Clash Daily:

Mediaite:

- image: cjr -

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://www.birtherreport.com/2015/06...fer-media.html
    B. Steadman

ANYONE WHO would vote for an absolute stranger with a mu-slime name is the biggest fool of all .

Comment

Working...
    X