No announcement yet.

Wrath Of Natural Born Citizen Karma; Better Rethink That Eligibility Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrath Of Natural Born Citizen Karma; Better Rethink That Eligibility Position

Must Read: Wrath Of Natural Born Citizen Karma; Better Rethink That Eligibility Position

Birther Report

6/12/2014

Excerpt:

For those on the right that continue to push the myth that foreign-born persons are eligible to be President you may want to rethink that position. If you think the left will lay down and be quiet you may want to read the following.

Excerpt via leftist blog Nomadic Politics: Birtherism Reborn: Candidate Ted Cruz and the Wrath of Karma

The Importance of Being American

Last week, Texas Senator Ted Cruz formally renounced his Canadian citizenship which he had maintained throughout his life. As of May 14, Cruz was no longer a Canadian citizen.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada on December 22, 1970, Cruz had kept his dual citizenship until its existence was revealed by the Dallas Morning News.

This move and the revelation that necessitated it was an important step in the career of Ted Cruz.

Why?

A recent survey by Public Policy Polling (PPP) found that Ted Cruz was a Republican front-runner for the 2016 election, beating out Rand Paul, Chris Christie, Bobby Jindal and even Jeb Bush.

Hard to believe, I know.

The poll also found that Cruz is considered the de facto leader of his party, with a large majority of respondents saying they trust him more than Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Speaker of the House John Boehner.
    With Eric Cantor expectedly tossed out on his tunkus, who knows who is next to receive the bum's rush out of the doors of Congress.

Therefore the question of Cruz's eligibility to run for president suddenly becomes essential.

The US constitution requires that a president be a "natural-born citizen" Despite being born in Hawaii, to an American mother, Obama's eligibility was widely (and sometimes hysterically) contested by conservatives, especially by the Tea Party..
    In Cruz's case, the subject takes the debate to an even higher level. Ted Cruz, like Obama, was born to an American mother, but he was certainly not born in the US.

Cruz is clearly aware that this is could be a major problem. Witness his interesting statement on the matter.

"Because I was a U.S. citizen at birth, because I left Calgary when I was 4 and have lived my entire life since then in the U.S., and because I have never taken affirmative steps to claim Canadian citizenship, I assumed that was the end of the matter....

"Now the Dallas Morning News says that I may technically have dual citizenship. Assuming that is true, then sure, I will renounce any Canadian citizenship. Nothing against Canada, but I'm an American by birth, and as a U.S. Senator, I believe I should be only an American."

The statement provides a wealth of insight into the mind of Ted Cruz.
    Notice how he takes great pains to repeat the phrase, "at birth." It is questionable claim or some would say, dishonest.

Under no stretch of the imagination was Ted Cruz an American at birth, since he was born in Canada. In fact he is a Canadian at birth and is an American by virtue of his parentage on his mother's side.

The rest of the statement contains equally deceptive- dare I say, weasely- phrases, such as "I may technically have a dual citizenship." There was nothing technical about it. He has maintained a dual citizenship which he could have easily made null and void at any time.. before it became publicly known.
    (These phrases wouldn't count for much at any formal immigration hearing, I presume.)

As one site pointed out:

Technically, as bright a lawyer as Ted Cruz is, one would think he knows he must formally go to a Canadian Embassy and file forms to legally renounce his citizenship.

What took a seemingly patriotic American like Cruz so very long to decide which country he would commit his allegiance to?
    Decades of oversight, as we shall see, seem to run in the Cruz family.

Cabal, Intrigue, and Corruption

It's worth pointing out why the natural-born clause was written in the first place. In Federalist No. 68, Alexander Hamilton wrote that great care that must be taken in selecting the president:

"Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption. These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one quarter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils."

Imagine.. if you can.. if Obama had admitted having dual citizenship to another country, like Kenya? Blood would be draining out of the corners of Sean Hannity's eyes, silvery froth on Megyn Kelly's lacquered lips and the veins in O'Reilly's forehead would be squirming like nightcrawlers.

If nothing else, the Cruz statement shows exactly the kind of character at play.

Yes, yes, I hear you ask, but does this mean the hopes of Cruz and the Tea Party have been dashed against the slippery rocks of Payback Cove?

Well, not necessarily.

Congress has kindly cleared a path for Cruz. [...] - Continued @ Nomadic Politics.

@Nomadic Politics:

First off, there's been a complete blackout on the eligibility issue at Fox News so your commentary regarding Hannity, Kelly, and O'Reilly is just pure partisan hackery on your part. You obviously do not watch Fox News because if you did you wouldn't have written such nonsense.

Second off, Obama's own campaign, and confirmed by leftist run Factcheck.org, admitted Obama was born with dual citizenship, via KENYA. So, again, your commentary is complete partisan hackery. Or you're just ignorant...

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://www.birtherreport.com/2014/06...n-citizen.html
    Last edited by bsteadman; 06-13-2014, 12:09 AM.
    B. Steadman
Working...
X