No announcement yet.

LORETTA FUDDY, Hawaii Health Director, dies in small plane crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Republic is running a thread titled, 'Pilot describes decision to land plane in water', which was started 12/19/2013 by 'WhiskeyX'

The thread references a 12/18/2013 Associate Press article written by Jennifer Sinco Kelleher -

View the complete Free Republic thread at:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3103345/posts

Excerpts from the thread:

To: Mr. K

“Obamacide? “

Unlikely. This would be one heck of a complicated hit if it was planned. There were WAY too many things that could have gone wrong. It’s much simpler to just have them die cleaning a gun. Or, alternatively, they could accidently overdose. The could have an allergic reaction. A hit and run is always popular. A fatal late night mugging is an option. But buggering an engine, then having somebody on board who could make sure she was killed...WAY too many things could go wrong with that, including the plane auguring in and killing the killer.

16 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:21:03 AM by Gen.Blather

To: rod1

“So is it correct that the pilot is saying she seemed fine AFTER the “landing” but then....she died later.”

Yes, and her death by natural causes is highly plausible, whether or not the aircraft engine was sabotaged to force the aircraft down at sea.

As discussed in the previous article threads, there is good reason to suspect Fuddy’s physical condition, possible seat belt injuries sustained in the ditching, and mild hypothermia may have resulted in circulatory shock, low blood pressure, unconsciousness and death. Such symptoms would not be immediately apparent as they stepped of the sinking aircraft into the rough seas.

25 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:42:28 AM by WhiskeyX ( provides a system for registering complaints about unfair broadcasters and the ability to request a)

To: yefragetuwrabrumuy; SkyDancer

The best option for ditching in water, next to having a seaplane or float plane, is to have a plane equipped with retractable landing gear which you would leave up. The gear hanging down is what usually causes rapid deceleration and resulting flip.

It's a major reason fish spotters who spend enormous amounts of time over water in single engine aircraft use those with a long loiter time and retractable landing gear. A favorite is the Cessna 172RG and a company here in S. Louisiana has about 20 of them.

If you have to ditch in water, your options are doing so during daylight hours, how close you can get to land or a boat, and wind and wave direction.

I believe the aircraft pictured below is the particular aircraft used. If was the Cessna 208, it doesn't have retractable landing gear.

29 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:01:04 PM by Errant

To: Gen.Blather

Depends on who the killer is.

And a Cessna engine failure 50 days earlier could have been a practice round. The NTSB has had an intact engine to work with, in an airport hangar, and still haven’t said what caused that engine’s failure. These 2 engine failures were within 25 miles of each other and 50 days. In the whole previous 33 years there had only been 2 engine failures with this plane. Within 50 days and 25 miles that number doubled.

The NTSB has not been following their protocols for securing the evidence, in EITHER Cessna crash.

35 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:10:20 PM by butterdezillion (Free online faxing at http://faxzero.com/ Fax all your elected officials. Make DC listen.)

To: Gen.Blather

IIRC, there was some sort of flight delay.

Otherwise, they would have been much farther from land if the engine was buggered to quit.

That might make landing and/or rescue much more of a problem. No one worried much about the other people on Ron Brown's plane...and this would have been just another tragic accident with all hands lost.

Examination of the engine should be done either way, just for aircraft safety concerns.

37 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:36:26 PM by Smokin' Joe (How often God must weep at humans' folly. Stand fast. God knows what He is doing.)

To: exit82

There are two other Hawaii government officials who have the exact same information about Barack Obama’s birth certificate that Loretta Fuddy had.

Her predecessor as Director of Health, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, MD issued press releases verifying the authenticity of Obama’s birth certificate, was sent by previous Governor Linda Lingle to check on the original long form birth certificate and Dr. Fukino was interviewed on national television about the original birth certificate.
    http://youtu.be/e9D4n6_Uifk

The other person is Hawaii Registrar of Vital Statistics Alvin T. Onaka, PhD.
    Dr. Onaka certified the birth certificate copies that Loretta Fuddy had authorized and according to Fox News, the original Obama birth certificate resides in Dr. Onaka’s office safe. Dr. Onaka has issued Certified Letters of Verification for Obama’s long form birth certificate that were requested by Arizona’s and Kansas’ Secretaries of State. Another Certified Letter of Verification was provided for a federal judge in a Mississippi eligibility challenge to Obama.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...on-months-ago/

Both doctors Fukino and Onaka are still alive and they are subject to subpoena, deposition or testifying under oath with the threat of a perjury charge hanging over their heads.

46 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:44:21 PM by Nero Germanicus
    B. Steadman

Comment

Free Republic is running a thread titled, "I'm no hero, I'm just doing my job in a bad situation,"...Clyde Kawasaki....', which was started 12/18/2013 by 'WhiskeyX'

The thread references an 12/18/2013 article on KITV Channel 4 News - http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/pilo...z/-/index.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3103173/posts

Excerpt:

HONOLULU —"I'm no hero, I'm just doing my job in a bad situation," said Makani Kai Air pilot Clyde Kawasaki at a news conference Wednesday morning. [....] The salvage operation for the Makani Kai plane that crashed off Kalaupapa last week will end at nightfall today, no matter what is retrieved or not retrieved. The boat should be back in port in Honolulu by Thursday morning.

Excerpts from the thread:

To: WhiskeyX; LucyT; justiceseeker93

Thanks. This is really the first article I’ve seen that gives any details.

If the wind and waves were as bad as he says, then it’s understandable that no one may have seen what happened to Fuddy. Which still leaves open the question of whether this could have been a Ron Brown thing.

What I find very strange is that they will stop looking for the plane at nightfall whether or not they have found it. Then the National Transportation Safety Board “will continue investigating the crash to try to determine a cause.” How on earth will they do that if they don’t bother to keep looking for the plane?

I find that the head of the NTSB is a Democrat, originally appointed by Bush and reappointed by Obama. She has military family connections but seems to have had a political career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Hersman

5 posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:21:18 PM by Cicero (Marcus Tullius)

To: smokingfrog

“Poor Fuddy - the only one that managed to drown.”

Of all the people aboard the aircraft, Fuddy’s physical condition was probably the worst risk for surviving conditions of hypothermia and exhaustion in those rough seas. The water temperature was something like 77-78.1F. If Fuddy’s core body temperature was reduced to 90F, which is mild hypothermia to 86F or less, which is severe hypothermia, then the trauma of the crash combined with the hypothermia could have caused her respiratory rate, heart rate, hypoglycemia to crash and result in unconciousness and/or some form of fatal cardiac or renal failure.

7 posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:23:16 PM by WhiskeyX ( provides a system for registering complaints about unfair broadcasters and the ability to request a)

To: WhiskeyX

It was about a half-hour before rescue crews got there, and by that time Fuddy had drifted 200 yards from the others, according to one report, so she had let go of Yamamoto’s hand and become unresponsive quite some time before the 30 minute wait for help was done. Yamamoto was holding her hand trying to calm her down immediately, which suggests that she was having some kind of trouble that he alone knew about, among all those aboard, by the time she hit the water. She wouldn’t have had time for hypothermia to make any difference before she exhibited symptoms.

14 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:34:30 AM by butterdezillion (Free online faxing at http://faxzero.com/ Fax all your elected officials. Make DC listen.)

To: butterdezillion

“Was Fuddy hypoglycemic? Has that been reported somewhere, or is this an example of the kind of body functions you say could be affected by 77-78-degree water?”

I haven’t seen such a report yet, but I’ve been looking for any mention of that or any mention of diabetes. Even relatively non-obese and healthy people can encounter potentially lethal problems in such a situation. A person with pre-existing health problems is just that much more prone to stress in a disaster like this. See for example the complications resulting from hypothermia in the Wikipedia article on hypothermia.

I was flagging hypothermia as a contributor to Fuddy’s death in my anticipation the future autopsy report will include mention of it as a factor.

17 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:45:31 AM by WhiskeyX ( provides a system for registering complaints about unfair broadcasters and the ability to request a)

Picture it...The impact of a crash like that is enough force to crack ribs when your torso is brought up short by the seat belts. The aircraft is flooding with waist high seawater on the pilot as the passengers start climbing out of the aircraft to step into the rough seas and strong currents. The pilot has a gash on his head and blood all over the control panel. Another male passenger has a cut on his head. There is no lifeboat to keep you out of the water and away from the sharks. Need I say more?

18 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:55:39 AM by WhiskeyX ( provides a system for registering complaints about unfair broadcasters and the ability to request a)

They were not panicked. My computer has decided it’s time for me to go to bed, lost what I was going to post with links. But Holstein described the situation as calm and orderly, and that everybody was doing fine 0 that Jacob Key had been able to get the main door open and people just stepped off the plane as if it was a swimming pool. The rescuers reported that everybody was doing fine and calm.

Holstein noted that Yamamoto was taking care of Fuddy but that Fuddy wasn’t showing any signs of distress. How did Yamamoto know she was in distress? Why didn’t he tell anybody that she was in distress? He seems to be the only one who wasn’t surprised that she died, and knew of her distress before she exhibited any outward signs that were observed by anybody else.

21 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:52:24 AM by butterdezillion (Free online faxing at http://faxzero.com/ Fax all your elected officials. Make DC listen.)

Given the circumstances it wasn’t like they could take time to pause and have a prolonged inquiry about whether or not Fudday was in any condition to get into the sea. It was pretty obvious they were all going to be stepping into the sea or go down with a sinking aircraft. Kawasaki’s remarks make it pretty clear that once they stepped into the sea, they were immediately swept away from the aircraft and farther out to sea by currents that separated the groups.

As can be seen with the descriptions from the Air Force Air Sea Rescue Website, swimming even in these tropical waters can become very exhausting very quickly, especially in those sea conditions with whitecaps on the high waves and notoriously strong currents in that channel. Yamamoto and Fuddy likely had all they could do trying to keep their heads and beathing outside of the breaking waves and hang onto each other, much less try to keep together with the other separated survivors. If Fuddy lost consciousness, it would have been a difficult task to hold onto her in that strong current even for a young and athletic swimmer. Yamamoto was probably rapidly becoming exhausted as it was. Note how the rescuers described the condition o the survivors as they were found:

EXCLUSIVE: 2 survivors in Molokai plane crash speak out....
      The rescue team members told us all of the survivors were outside the aircraft when they arrived on scene... Each floating ..holding tight on to their life jackets ... And fighting for their lives. ...He spotted two groups of people floating in the ocean... one.. a half mile from shore ...the other ...about a mile out. The survivors, floating face up, clinging to life jackets, clearly exhausted. Rescue swimmer Pj ornot first spotted State health director Loretta Fuddy...he touched and shook her but with no response.. protocol meant move on. The next person he saw was an elderly woman about a hundred yards away from Fuddy. pj ornot 52 SHE WAS TIRED EXHAUSTED I GOT UP VERY CLOSE TO HER BEFORE SHE BOTHERED TO MORE OVER TO LOOK AT ME AT ALL 58 She was hoisted up and the next saved .. was a man with a cut on his head. . As the next U.S. Coast guard rescue team arrived.. Rescue swimmer Mark Peer looked down at the water from the aircraft..and saw a a good sign... a big wave from a man in his 70s. Mark Peer 1625 I GOT IN THE WATER SWAM UP TO HIM SAID HEY SIR COAST GUARD RESCUE SWIMMER AND HE JUST LOOKED OVER AND SMILED TO IT WAS A GOOD FEELING. I GRABBED HIS ARM AND HE GRABBED ME BACK AND SINGLED THE HELICOPTER TO SEND DOWN THE BASKET 38 The next person he retrieved was one the first rescuer had to pass up....Director Fuddy. 1821 SHE WAS UNRESPONSIVE AT WHICH POINT I CHECK FOR A PULSE WHICH I COULDN’T FIND A PULSE...
      http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/a-us...z/-/index.html

22 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:24:31 AM by WhiskeyX ( provides a system for registering complaints about unfair broadcasters and the ability to request a)

THREAD COMMENTS CONTINUED IN THE FOLLOWING REPLY
      Last edited by bsteadman; 12-21-2013, 05:05 PM.
      B. Steadman

Comment

THREAD COMMENTS CONTINUED FROM ABOVE

An earlier report that used Mark Peer as the primary source had him saying that the victims were not panicked. They were glad to see help there, but they weren’t panicked. And he said the weather wasn’t bad; the bigger difficulty was keeping the 6 aircraft from crashing into each other.

So the various accounts give totally different pictures. You’re describing the chaos and stress, but Holstein talked about how calm and orderly it all was.

Fuddy and Kawasaki had more insulation from the cold than your average military guy, I would bet. And I would bet that the guys who died from hypothermia not only had less body insulation but were also in colder water and/or for longer than 30-60 minutes.

One of the reports said that those who were taken to the hospital on Molokai took hot showers and got their clothes dried. That makes sense because they probably were cold in their wet clothes, especially with the wind. But if the ideal comfortable temperature for a swimming pool for non-active users is 78-82 degrees, 77-78-degree water would take a while to cause hypothermia. Or at least that’s how it seems to me. I’m not an expert though, obviously.

23 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:39:37 AM by butterdezillion (Free online faxing at http://faxzero.com/ Fax all your elected officials. Make DC listen.)

“The stuff you’re describing doesn’t match what was experienced by any of the other passengers - least of all Kawasaki, who is himself a large man who may have health issues similar to Fuddy, but who also experienced blood loss that she didn’t, a bang to the head that she apparently didn’t, AND he didn’t have a life jacket.”

You are assuming that it is possible to compare the physical conditions of the other survivors to Fuddy, when it really isn’t possible to do so. A physician might or might not be able to conduct a physical of the two people for the sake of a successful comparison, but the physician could still be mistaken in the conclusion. Despite any outward appearances, there is simply no way we can know what Fuddy’s cardiac, renal, and circulatory conditions may have been. Complicating matters even more, we cannot know what trauma injuries Fuddy may have suffered upon impact which were not suffered by the other people aboard the aircraft. The fatal difference could be something as simple as the seatbelt cutting into Fuddy’s abdomen at an angle and impact force not experienced by the other people aboard the aircraft. This is just the sort of mortal injury my cousin suffered when she became the sole fatality in an automobile with six people. Likewise with the subsequently mortal injury suffered by General George S. Patton in his automobile collision. He was the only person among several who was seriously injured in the collision.

Kawasaki’s head gash could have been a serious head trauma, but it so far seems to have been a relatively minor injury. I once suffered a head gash like his, and it took three stitiches. You wouldn’t have known it with all of the blood that spurted from my head like someone had chopped it off or something. Head lacerations are like that. Sometimes they can bleed like an apparent gusher, yet actually produce only minor actual blood loss.

If Fuddy suffered an impact injury to her abdomen, there could be little immediate visual or sensory clue of any internal bleeding. Such unnoticed internal bleeding could very well have resulted in the kind of circulatory shock that cascades into a lethal collapse of Fuddy’s internal organs and glands. Even a mild exposure to lower blood pressure and/or mild hypothermia could be enough to ensue this cascade of failure.

“How exactly does a person “hold on tight” to their life jacket? The description in other accounts was that the survivors were floating on their backs. Fuddy had been dead for some time, unable to “hold on tight” to anything, and was floating just like the others when they found her - even to the extent that none of the others thought there was any problem with her.”

I wouldn’t characterize Fuddy as floating just like the others. I have no way of knowing what style of seat cushion – life vests this aircraft used for personal flotation devices. There are different types and designs used by air carriers. As a general rule, however, passenger aircraft overflying large bodies of water they cannot glide across in the event of engine failures are equired to provide suitable pesonal flotation devices for each passenger. Some designs combine the function of a personal flotation device or life vest with the passenger’s seat cushion. FAA regulatoins require these personal flotation devices to be “wearable” by the passenger. Some of them I have used were a seat cushion that unfolded to make a flat vest with straps. The straps were cinched tight to try and wrap around the passenger in a way that supported the passenger in a reclining position in the water. This was to help with breathing and reduce the risk of drowning.

Assuming Fuddy had donned this seat cushion/life vest in such a manner to rest on the back, the straps would have held the seat cushion/life vest against her body. When she became unconscious, however, she would no longer would have been struggling to keep from ingesting seawater as the waves of seawater broke over her head. This is why the survivors needed to hold on to the seat cushion/life vests for dear life. It is one thing to have a lifeless body being doused by the ocean waves and another altogether to have a living human being floating along as well but trying to keep the waves from drowning them in their personal flotation devices.

“The article citing Mark Peer that I was referencing was an earlier one - before they started trying to make it sound like it was sheer madness trying to survive. It seems like now we know Fuddy didn’t die in the crash but died of other causes afterwards, the reports are painting a totally different picture - stuff like the implication that they had to “hold on for dear life” to cushions, which would only be necessary if they didn’t have life jackets on. But the way the crash was noticed was because they had yellow life jackets on.”

The problem here is that you don’t understand the difference between wearing a personal flotaton device versus trying to keep your balance hanging from the personal flotation device in a way that keeps you from ingesting the seawater. A dead person in such a flotation device need not worry any longer about using the flotation to keep from drowning, but the living still have to make such an energy sapping struggle in the rough seas. Remember, you can still drown in the seas while wearing even the best boating life vests, much less the flimsier aviation seat cushion life vests.

“As time goes on, it seems like people are trying to change history. And that also raises red flags to me. Discrepancies that people have to work hard to unscramble always work to the benefit of those trying to hide something. As with everything, mixed-up stories and discrepancies can always happen, but when there are this many discrepancies, and a picture that changes over time, it raises alarms to me.”

Much of that is due to simply not understanding the evidence. Nonetheless, if Fuddy did die of natural causes after the ditching of the aircraft, it still does not preclude the possibility, lesser or greater, the aircraft engine had been sabotaged in an effort to eliminate Fuddy and Yamamoto at the same time.

31 posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:55:21 PM by WhiskeyX ( provides a system for registering complaints about unfair broadcasters and the ability to request a)

To: ecinkc

Neither Maui County nor the NTSB wants to take responsibility for the autopsy. According to NTSB protocols, they are mandated to arrange for an autopsy when a fatality is associated with a transportation accident or incident. If Maui County is doing the autopsy, they are the ones who are supposed to determine a cause of death. The NTSB is supposed to determine the cause of the crash/incident.

Maui County seems to be balking at their job. They’re supposed to figure out the cause of death and report it to the NTSB. Conversely, the NTSB guy shouldn’t be acting as if their investigation is to find out the cause of death. The cause of death is totally different than the cause of the accident. When the autopsy was completed there should have been a cause of death determined. There was a reason that Fuddy’s heart stopped beating and her brainwaves ceased.

If they don’t want to say what the cause of death was, my guess is that it’s NOT a straightforward case of a heart attack; there is more to the story. The more they balk, the more likely that the death is suspicious. There is no reason to withhold the autopsy results from the NTSB, unless they are afraid that the NTSB having it will make the autopsy a public record and viewable by the public. The autopsy IS a public record because it is mandated by government and not a voluntary, private autopsy at the request of family. Maui County is stalling, to keep the results out of the public eye. How appropriate, considering this is Loretta Fuddy. What better way to honor her than to obfuscate in her death just like she did in life.

37 posted on Friday, December 20, 2013 11:59:31 PM by butterdezillion (Free online faxing at http://faxzero.com/ Fax all your elected officials. Make DC listen.)
        Last edited by bsteadman; 12-21-2013, 05:19 PM.
        B. Steadman

Comment

Free Republic is running a thread titled, 'NTSB: Officials still trying to determine Fuddy's cause of death', which was started 12/21/2013 by 'F15Eagle'

The thread references a 12/20/2013 AP via Star Adviser article written by Jennifer Sinco Kelleher, Associated Press - http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b..._of_death.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3104197/posts

Excerpt from the article:

It could take some time before officials determine exactly how Hawaii Health Director Loretta Fuddy died, said the lead investigator for the Molokai plane crash.

It's common for a cause of death not to be immediately known in these types of investigations, Hawaii-based National Transportation Safety Board investigator Jim Struhsaker said today.

Fuddy was the sole fatality out of nine people aboard the Makani Kai Air flight that crashed in the water soon after taking off from Kalaupapa on Dec. 11.

A passenger and the pilot have said they were shocked to hear she didn't survive because she seemed fine in the moments after everyone got out of the plane and waited in the water for help to arrive.

It's been a week since an autopsy was conducted.

Comment excerpts from the thread:

To: F15Eagle

Yes, I included these items under the Fuddy heading. There is a bit of smoke coming from this. The pictures of the engine are a little bit like the pictures of Michael Hastings’ car.

Combine that with the President showing up in Hawaii on the day of the NTSB obfuscations of the investigation and it seems a bit more worthy of curiosity. Waiting for more shoes to drop on this one.

214 posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 2:47:26 AM by Nachum (Obamacare: It's. The. Flaw.)

To: Nachum

And he’s got an appointee at the NTSB, according to an earlier poster.

215 posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 3:01:20 AM by F15Eagle (1Jn4:15;5:4-5,11-13;Mt27:50-54;Mk15:33-34;Jn3:17-18,6:69,11:25,14:6,20:31;Ro10:8-11;1Tm2:5-6;Ti3:4-7)

To: F15Eagle

Deborah Hersman?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-ntsb-chairman

Conflict of Interest? Obama Transit Board Chair Investigating Husband’s Company’s Competitor

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...y-s-competitor

Report: Transportation Safety Board Less Aggressive in Last Decade

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...essive-decade/

It is interesting to note that Hersman could be just another shady political appointment that the administration holds complete power over. The administration could snap its fingers and Hersman could be brought up on charges for her Husband’s business.

So, the theory: The NTSB Chair Hersman is completely under the thumb of the administration. Hersman only reports to the administration. Hersman can control any investigation including the Fuddy investigation. Obama is in Hawaii early to make sure the point is driven home to the the NTSB that they had better make sure the outcome of the investigation is one that the administration likes or she and her family will pay the price personally.

Interesting, nes pas?

216 posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 9:44:29 AM by Nachum (Obamacare: It's. The. Flaw.)

To: Nachum; skip2myloo

Combine all that with the fact that the NTSB allowed the evidence in both this Cessna engine failure and the one on Oct 21 very close to Molokai to be contaminated. The NTSB had found Cessna 208 engine failure in 2 cases in the previous 34 years, within 50 days and 25 miles there were another 2, and those 2 were not properly treated by Obama’s NTSB as a crime scene as mandated.

The engine failure itself actually occurred 9 miles north of where the plane landed in the Oct 21 incident, which puts it probably 10-15 miles away from Molokai.

Add to this the fact that Clyde Kawasaki has never been listed as a pilot of Makani Kai Air on their staff webpage, even though he has supposedly flown for them for the past 1-2 years (depending on the article). There are 2 staff web pages, and both have been updated within the last half a year - one in June, the other earlier this month.

Rchard Schuman, Makani Kai Air owner/CEO says the plane (which was photographed sinking while nearly fully-intact) fell apart in a week’s time 60-70 feet underwater because of the movement of the water banging the plane against the rocks but waves would have to be really, really big to have any effect at that depth. If the engine had come apart from the plane during the salvage operations Schuman would certainly have said that. The fact that he tried to blame the engine’s removal on water says that the witnesses on the salvage team knew it hadn’t come apart during the lifting of the plane.

IOW, while the NTSB was busy NOT securing the evidence, the engine was taken off the plane, and not by water.

220 posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 11:00:54 PM by butterdezillion (Free online faxing at http://faxzero.com/ Fax all your elected officials. Make DC listen.)

http://on.aol.com/video/salvage-ship...elated_thumb_5

There is a video segment at the above site which shows the engine lifted on the salvage craft. There is no way to know if the engine was removed from the aircraft while it was still under water, or if the engine was removed after the ‘plane was salvaged, but I think I can tell you this much with certainty, it would require a number of experienced mechanics with the right tools to remove the engine; it wouldn’t just fall off or separate from the body of the ‘plane. If, as he indicated in another article, the engine had been retrieved a week before the aircraft itself, divers and equipment had to be involved.
          If that engine was in the possession of the airline for a week before it was sent to the manufacturer, I can’t see how, if it wasn’t under supervised lock and key, the manufacturer can expect to achieve anything.
          The entire procedure is a sick joke.

221 posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 1:30:08 AM by Fred Nerks (fair dinkum)
          Last edited by bsteadman; 12-24-2013, 03:51 PM.
          B. Steadman

Comment

Free Republic is running a thread titled, 'NTSB: Hawaii plane floated 25 mins, then sank.', which was started 1/1/2014 by 'RckyRaCoCo'

The thread references a 12/31/2013 AP via Star Advertiser article -

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3107346/posts

Excerpt from the article posted on the thread:

The National Transportation Safety Board says in a preliminary accident report that a small commercial plane that crash-landed in Hawaii waters floated for about 25 minutes before sinking.

Excerpts from comments on the thread:

To: BenLurkin

“Thought maybe the Wikipedia article on her might give an answer to that — but there is NO Wikipedia article for Loretta Fuddy.

Is it just me — or does that seem very odd?”

I’m almost certain that there was still a Wiki article on her Wiki right after the crash and that it included mention of her death from the crash.

34 posted on Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:04:04 AM by Seeing More Clearly Now

To: Seeing More Clearly Now

The only Wiki mention of Fuddy’s death tonight, Jan. 1, 2013, is footnote #150 on the Wiki’s monthly, day by day list of deaths for the year. The footnote links only to a stub article on the Hawaii Department of Health. Indeed it seems that somebody’s been aggressively cleaning online house.

36 posted on Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:13:04 AM by Seeing More Clearly Now

To: Seeing More Clearly Now

Maybe so, but she is a non-person on Wikipedia today.

Search her name and it redirects to Hawaii Dept of Health.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...dy&redirect=no

38 posted on Thursday, January 02, 2014 8:42:54 AM by BenLurkin (This is not a statement of fact. It is either opinion or satire; or both.)

To: butterdezillion; skip2myloo; justiceseeker93

Couldn’t resist checking myself. What I posted earlier:

I found an even earlier report of the crash, at 4:25 Hawaii time, at http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...medium=twitter
            Post Reply | Private Reply | To 73 | View Replies
            Hawaii Health Official Killed in Plane Crash
            Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:16:27 PM · 74 of 142
            butterdezillion to WildHighlander57

The crash was reported at 4:40pm Hawaii time, at http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/maka...t/-/index.html
            but it was not yet known who was killed. The crash happened about 3:45 so that report wasn’t even a whole hour after the crash occurred, much less was reported to the airport tower and fire and Coast Guard crews out to make the rescues.

>>>>>

Looks like either the NTSB is screwing up/scrubbing the timeline, or else somebody reported a fatality before there was one. Or maybe both.

40 posted on Thursday, January 02, 2014 10:19:42 AM by butterdezillion (Free online faxing at http://faxzero.com/ Fax all your elected officials. Make DC listen.)
            B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
            X