Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Reporter Skirts The Facts; Birther Report's Blunt Statement Axed By Betsy Woodruff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Reporter Skirts The Facts; Birther Report's Blunt Statement Axed By Betsy Woodruff

Shot Down: DC Reporter Skirts The Facts; Birther Report's Blunt Statement Axed By Betsy Woodruff

Birther Report

9/21/2015

Excerpt:

Shot Down: DC Reporter Skirts Facts; Read Birther Report's Blunt Response

So, Friday I received an email from a DC reporter requesting comment on Donald Trump and the birther movement.

Here's Betsy Woodruff's initial email to BirtherReport.com:

To: Birther Report
    Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 2:34 PM
    Subject: Kontactr: Interview request

Hi there,

I'm a reporter with The Daily Beast, and I'm working on a story about what members of the birther community think about Donald Trump's success thus far in the Republican presidential primary. Any chance you'd be free sometime this afternoon and would have thoughts on if Trump's success suggests your movement may have more support than some think?

Feel free to call me anytime in the next 3-4 hours (##########) or let me know if there's a good time when I can call you. Thanks.

[#####]

I emailed her back declining the phone interview but offered to answer any questions she posed via email.

I also included the following response to Woodruff's initial email inquiry:

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To: Betsy Woodruff <############>
    Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 6:08 PM
    Subject: Re: Kontactr: Interview request

Answers/thoughts to your inital questions, if you have more questions feel free to ask.

Trump's success: Not surprised one bit. His numbers were not much different back in 2011/2012 when he was highlighting Obama's lack of documentation, and he wasn't even running for office. I'd almost bet the farm that if Trump took the so-called birther issue head-on he would move even higher in the polls.

More support than some think: Some? Do you mean mostly the establishment media and politicians? Tens of millions of Americans doubt Obama's Article II (natural born Citizen) constitutional eligibility to be POTUS. Trump knows that. The numbers would be even higher if the news media actually reported both sides of the birther/Article II argument instead of the one-sided(race-baiting) reporting thus far. Look how the media reacted when the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office released their initial findings on Obama's purported long-form birth certificate and Selective Service registration. The media at the press conference ignored much of the findings and went after Sheriff Arpaio and his investigators on a personal level. The same that is being done to Trump, now and then(2011). And everyone else that broached the birther issue. It's pretty obvious to the objective observer.

It is really a shame that the media made it a political/racial issue when it really is a legal/constitutional issue.

And newsers wonder why so many people question Obama's background!? For real?

How long did it take Obama to show his hand?

The Article II eligibility(birther) issue is much bigger than Trump or even Obama. It is about a constitutional requirement which was never amended or repealed. It IS the law of the land. McCain had questions raised about his Article II eligibility, as did Romney's father and numerous other people. Hell, the U.S. Senate held discussions and passed a resolution on McCain's eligibility. And there were even congressional discussions on George Romney's eligibility. Likely the real reason he dropped his presidential run.

Nothing for Obama... Just a complicit media and political establishment. Whether or not Obama was born in Hawaii (doesn't really matter, still not eligible.) there is more than enough evidence to warrant congressional hearings/investigations and or an independent special prosecutor.

As long as Article II of the USC is the law of the land, this issue will remain.

For what it is worth, I plan to endorse Trump's 2016 run... No matter his position on the birther issue.

Although I don't agree or trust Trump 100%, he drives the political establishment and media completely nuts. That alone, at this point in the race, is good enough for me.

Not to mention he's a very successful businessman that doesn't take the PC B.S.. That can't be denied.

As long as Trump's in the race,

Trump2016

BirtherReport.com

#####

Addendum: Of course if Trump picked an ineligible candidate for VP, I'd rescind my support and work to expose.

I know it is an eye full. Unfortunately I never heard back from Betsy Woodruff. : - (

Woodruff's article was published yesterday at Newsweek's The Daily Beast;

- The Daily Beast -

Missing from Betsy Woodruff's article was any trace of my comments. Oh well, maybe next time?!

To her credit she did quote attorney Larry Klayman, attorney Orly Taitz and WOBC's Mike Volin in her article.

The establishment press would like people to think this is not a serious issue. It has real consequences.

The United States of America is not the only country to have stricter requirements for their Presidents;

- Bloomberg Business -

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://www.birtherreport.com/2015/09...rts-facts.html
    B. Steadman

Birthers: We Won. Look at Trump.

The Daily Beast

Betsy Woodruff
    9/20/2015

Excerpts:

While Trump may be laying low after he failed to correct a man who went full birther on him at a New Hampshire town hall, prominent birthers are elated he’s finally bringing the TRUTH to the campaign trail.

Donald Trump might be making the birther movement great again.

It’s still early, of course, but some of the most visible activists who agitated for the president to release his birth certificate are taking heart in Donald Trump’s polling successes. They say they stay in touch with Trump’s team and anticipate he’ll push for more birthplace-oriented investigations of Obama if he wins the election.

Larry Klayman, who heads the group Freedom Watch, was pleased when he saw Trump’s handling of a conspiratorial question on Thursday evening during a town hall meeting in New Hampshire.

“The way Trump responded last night, I think, was appropriate,” he said.

“If you took a poll among the people who vote in the Republican primary, I bet it would be a 60-70 percent combination believe that Obama was not born in the United States and that he is a Muslim,” Klayman continued. “And the guy’s question last night was not out of line.”

According to a new CNN/ORC poll, 20 percent of American adults believe Obama wasn’t born in the United States and 43 percent of Republicans believe he’s a Muslim. Fifteen percent of Democrats and 29 percent of independent voters share that incorrect view. It also found that 68 percent of Republicans believe he was born in the U.S.

Anyway, Trump’s long and storied record of demanding the president release his birth certificate doesn’t seem to have hurt him much with Republican primary voters.

Klayman said he’s optimistic that a President Trump would lead a no-holds-barred investigation of the president’s birthplace.

“It’s just the fact that he stands up and he doesn’t cower away from it,” he said.

California dentist Orly Taitz, a visible and dogged birther who pops up at conservative conferences and Republican rallies to hand out literature on her latest lawsuits regarding Obama’s alleged Kenyanness, shares Klayman’s hope. She said she feels Trump’s yuuuge polling numbers buoy her spirits.

“When Donald Trump is elected as a U.S. president, his attorney general will investigate this issue,” she said, noting that Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch—Obama’s former and current attorneys general—are covering up for Obama because they’re friends with him.

Mike Volin, who runs WheresObamasBirthCertificate.com, said birther activists will long remember Trump’s valiant just-asking-some-questions stance.

“He stepped up to the mic and he said, well, experts will have to look at it and we’ll have to see if it’s valid,” Volin said.

“Trump took it and ran with it,” he added. “He didn’t have to. So he’s part of the hero gang.”

Volin’s site distributes “Sheriff’s Kits” on CD that have documents making the case against Obama’s American nationality. He said the demand for said kits has risen along with Trump’s poll numbers.
    .................................................. ............

“My feeling is, knowing what’s going on, the information I have, contact with his attorney over the past several years, yes, he will,” he said. “It’s not a vendetta for him, Betsy, it’s just simply to get the truth out. And you know what, if it’s not true—which it is true—he’ll just move on.”

View the complete article, including image, at:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-at-trump.html
    B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
    X