No announcement yet.

Birthers and Bainers and Returners, Oh My! -- American Thinker, Cindy Simpson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthers and Bainers and Returners, Oh My! -- American Thinker, Cindy Simpson

Birthers and Bainers and Returners, Oh My!

American Thinker

Cindy Simpson
    7/25/2012

Excerpt:

"Birthers and Bainers and Returners -- oh my! In today's political Oz, we're warned to beware of crazy conspiracy theorists, described by creative names ending in "er."

Along the road to the 2012 election, birthers are probably the most notorious "ers." Although the mainstream media defines them as believing in an Obama Kenyan birthplace, many birthers might instead refer to themselves as "dualers," claiming Obama's dual citizenship a disqualification from "natural born" eligibility. But such arguments are certainly less exciting to read about than African nativity scenes.

The recent discovery of the literary agent's pamphlet that affirmed a Kenyan birth spawned "transcripters," who suggested that Obama's college records might reveal whether he intentionally benefited from some sort of foreign student status. (The fact that the agency biography was likely composed by Obama himself, or at the very least known by him over the sixteen years that it was revised and re-issued yet not "corrected" with Hawaii as his birthplace until two months after he announced his candidacy...um, er...distracts from the narrative. Shhh.)

Breitbart's Joel Pollak, who endeavored (although unsuccessfully) to distance his organization from the scary birthers with that pamphlet's discovery, still bravely noted ten other important things that Obama has not released. Our frustration over that lack of transparency should pale in comparison to our outrage that our supposedly free press hasn't attempted to uncover even one of those "things." If we hammered harder, we might be called something creative ending in "er," but more likely, we would be silenced with the racist label, which trumps even the most compelling "er" card.

In the past couple of weeks, "Bainers" and "returners" have been added to the mix of "er" outcasts. Bainers question Romney's claims of his management and ownership of Bain Capital, and returners demand more of Romney's tax returns.

At first glance, it might appear that whenever anyone asks tough questions -- outlandish or legitimate -- that either camp doesn't want to pursue or defend as a "winning issue," out come the "er" branding irons. Whether the branded are truly crazy conspiracy theorists, politically motivated opportunists, or intelligent skeptics, pundits on both sides of the aisle marginalize them into "er" oblivion.

Are all of these "ers" really detached from reality, or, if sane, are they just not focused on the particular issues the powers-that-be prefer? Obviously, they all at their core question the legitimacy of the candidate and his character -- with the birthers mostly Republicans, and Bainers and returners Democrats.

View the complete article at:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...ers_oh_my.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X