Clear All

• House GOP: Don't bother me with eligibility -- WND, Drew Zahn

House GOP: Don't bother me with eligibility

But 'wait until November' strategy draws voter ire

WND

Drew Zahn
    4/8/2012

Excerpt:

"Regardless of whether they have “doubts” about Obama’s eligibility to be president or whether they consider the issue a “distraction,” Republicans in Congress are repeating a common refrain: “Let’s just forget about it and focus on the next election.”

A pair of videos from earlier this week shows members of the House being confronted by voters on lingering questions about documents Obama presented as “proof” of his U.S. birth and citizenship. In both cases, the voters mentioned an investigation by Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his Cold Case Posse that concluded Obama’s purported long-form birth certificate and Selective Service registration card are actually forgeries.

The responses the representatives gave were both very different and very similar.

Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., dismissed his constituents’ concerns outright.

“I think he [Obama] is our president. I think he was duly elected, and I believe he is a citizen. And I do believe [the eligibility question] is a distraction,” Flake told a meeting of the Red Mountain Tea Party in Arizona. “My job is to make sure we beat him in November.”

Rep. Vicky Hartzler, R-Mo., on the other hand, said she shared her constituents’ doubts [see the video above], but nonetheless ended with the same line about focusing on November.

When asked what she thought of the veracity of Obama’s birth certificate, she replied, “You know, I have a lot of doubts about that. But I don’t know; I haven’t seen it. I’m just the same place you are on that – you read this, you read that – I don’t understand why he didn’t show that right away.”

Yet when pressed, she continued, “I think the main thing we can do, whether you agree or not, I don’t think that’s the real issue. The real issue is this November. There’s something called an ‘election.’”

When asked to clarify her doubts afterward, the Kansas City Star reports, Hartzler said, “I have doubts that it is really his real birth certificate, and I think a lot of Americans do, but they claim it is, so we are just going to go with that.”

She further told reporters questions about Obama’s citizenship were “irrelevant” and said people should “focus attention on his specific policies and not his birth certificate.”

Yet Joseph Farah, CEO of WND, the news organization most dedicated to keeping tabs on the story, insists that the issue is anything but “irrelevant” and that Americans shouldn’t be placated by their representatives’ “pre-written scripts.”

“This is the story that everyone is afraid of – the media establishment, the political establishment, the cultural establishment,” Farah says. “Even politicians who know there is something very wrong with Obama’s story won’t talk about it publicly. They speak off pre-written scripts – both Democrats and Republicans.

“Meanwhile, half the American public, according to every poll, realize they’ve been lied to by all the major institutions,” he continues. “Even when the first law-enforcement investigation confirms WND’s reporting on the fraudulent birth certificate, no one is willing to look at the evidence or discuss it publicly. There is a growing credibility gap between the American people and the institutions they are dependent upon for governance, information and free-and-open debate.”

Neither is Farah content to leave the matter alone until November.

“For those who say we can settle this matter on Election Day, we must ask this question: Do you mean we should ignore the Constitution as we did in 2008? How’s that working out for everyone?” Farah asks. “And should we continue to ignore it after Election Day as well? Ignore the rule of law?”

.................................................. .

View the complete article at:

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/house-gop..._orig=politics
    B. Steadman
Working...
X