Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right Before SC Primary Trump Gets This HUGE News That’ll Have His Rivals Furious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Before SC Primary Trump Gets This HUGE News That’ll Have His Rivals Furious

Right Before South Carolina Primary Trump Gets This HUGE News That’ll Have His Rivals Furious

"I don't think he represents a particular side of the aisle."

Western Journalism

Jack Davis
    2/20/2016

Excerpt:

An overwhelming majority of Republican voters responding to a new poll think front-running presidential candidate Donald Trump can win the November election.

The poll found almost two-thirds of Republicans say Trump represents their positions on the issues very or somewhat well, making him the leader among all candidates in that area.

A whopping 86 percent of Republican voters believe Trump can win the general election, a 15-point lead over his closest rival. The poll also found that 78 percent of respondents considered Trump somewhat or very decisive, 21 points above the rating of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

The poll also found 63 percent of respondents said Trump was competent, while 62 percent found him inspiring. Both ratings were higher than those for any other GOP candidate.

“This country is in trouble,” said Joan Brewer, a 70-year-old retiree from Garden City, South Carolina, an evangelical Christian voter leaning toward casting her ballot for Trump. “I want it to be Trump. We need it to be Trump.”

“I don’t think he represents a particular side of the aisle,” said Susan Simon, of Bluffton, South Carolina, a Democrat who intends to vote for Trump on Saturday. “I hope he can get rid of that gridlock and get things accomplished and not fighting that it has to be a Republican win or a Democratic win. It should be a U.S.A. win.”

Ed McMullen, a Trump co-chairman in South Carolina, explained Trump’s broad-based appeal.

“He understands what the problems are and he conveys that in a way that attracts blacks, whites and Democrats and Jews and Christians and independents and a lot of conservatives and a lot of evangelicals,” he said. “When you really assess the base of who’s out there for Mr. Trump and why it’s there, it’s there because he’s got the message that they’re looking for.”

View the complete article at:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/rig...ivals-furious/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X