No announcement yet.

Rubio autobiography proves he's not eligible for VP? -- WND, Jerome R. Corsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubio autobiography proves he's not eligible for VP? -- WND, Jerome R. Corsi

Rubio autobiography proves he's not eligible for VP?

Senator provides evidence, according to lawyers challenging Obama

WND

Jerome R. Corsi
    6/18/2012

Excerpt:

"MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – In a generally well-written autobiography being released Tuesday, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., proclaims his love for his wife and family, his belief that God directs all aspects of his life and his passion for the Miami Dolphins.

But if the arguments presented in dozens of legal cases challenging Barack Obama’s eligibility are correct, “An American Son: A Memoir” also provides the information needed to determine the Florida senator is not a natural-born citizen, a constitutional requirement for the presidency.

On page 24, Rubio writes:

“I was born on May 28, 1971. My sister, Veronica, was born the following year. My mother and father were starting over again as parents in the country they now called home (the U.S.).”

The next paragraph makes clear that Rubio’s parents were both Cuban citizens, not United States citizens, when he was born:

“My parents had lived in America for nearly two decades. It was clear that Cuba had become a thoroughly totalitarian state, and would likely remain so for some time. They had endured many disappointments, and their lives would never be easy. But slowly and surely they made a better life for our family than they had had as children, or could have ever been possible for them in Cuba. Three of their children were born Americans. Mario [the Senator’s older brother, born in Cuba] had naturalized after returning from the army. And in 1975, they, too, became citizens of the United States.”

As WND reported, attorney Larry Klayman argued today before Florida Circuit Court Judge Terry Lewis in the presidential eligibility case brought by Democrat voter Michael Voeltz that Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution requires a person eligible to be president to be born to parents who are each U.S. citizens at the time of the birth.

That definition of natural-born citizen would clearly disqualify Rubio from running either for president or vice president."

View the complete article at:

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/rubio-aut..._orig=politics
    B. Steadman
Working...
X