• Show
Clear All

• CIA Director Petraeus Resigns Over 'Affair' -- Breitbart, Ben Shapiro

CIA Director Petraeus Resigns Over 'Affair'

Breitbart/Big-Peace

Ben Shapiro
    11/9/2012

Excerpt:

Just two days after President Obama’s re-election, General David Petraeus, the CIA Director, has resigned from the administration over an extramarital affair. Petraeus was slated to testify before Congress next week on the murder of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, in Benghazi, Libya. Bret Baier of Fox News just tweeted, "With Petraeus’ resignation effective immediately, he will not testify next week & lawmakers are said to be 'stunned' by the announcement."

He sent a letter to his colleagues stating:

Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours …

This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.

President Obama issued this statement:

David Petraeus has provided extraordinary service to the United States for decades. By any measure, he was one of the outstanding General officers of his generation, helping our military adapt to new challenges, and leading our men and women in uniform through a remarkable period of service in Iraq and Afghanistan, where he helped our nation put those wars on a path to a responsible end. As Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, he has continued to serve with characteristic intellectual rigor, dedication, and patriotism. By any measure, through his lifetime of service David Petraeus has made our country safer and stronger.

Today, I accepted his resignation as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. I am completely confident that the CIA will continue to thrive and carry out its essential mission, and I have the utmost confidence in Acting Director Michael Morell and the men and women of the CIA who work every day to keep our nation safe. Going forward, my thoughts and prayers are with Dave and Holly Petraeus, who has done so much to help military families through her own work. I wish them the very best at this difficult time.

This is only the latest in a string of groundshaking events demonstrating that the Obama administration hid information vital to the American people during the last days of the 2012 election cycle. The fact that the most respected soldier of his generation, Petraeus, would be leaving the administration during an Obama second term, had to be known by the White House prior to the election. And they said nothing in order to run out the clock.

The fact that Attorney General Eric Holder was considering stepping down from the administration had to be known by the White House prior to the election. Meanwhile, during the election cycle, the Obama administration claimed executive privilege in order to shield Holder from questions about Fast and Furious.

View the complete article at:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...traeus-Resigns
    B. Steadman

Video: Rep. Gowdy: Either Petraeus Will Come Before Congressional Committee Or He Will Be Subpoenaed

Published on Nov 9, 2012 by jim hoft

View the video at:

http://youtu.be/MM2q0aI04Yg

Rep. Trey Gowdy told Greta Van Susteren tonight that Petraeus will be questioned before Congress despite his resignation today. "The fact that he's resigned and had an affair has nothing to do with whether he will be subpoenaed to Congress. I hope we don't have to subpoena a four star general and a former CIA director. I would hope he would come voluntarily but if he won't he will be subpoenaed. And none of what happened today is an offense to a subpoena. He's either a witness in our case in chief or he's gonna be a rebuttal witness if Susan Rice and others blame him for their failure of intelligence and failure of information. But there is no way we can get to the bottom of Benghazi without David Petraeus.
    B. Steadman

Comment

The Real Reason Petraeus Resigned -- Western Journalism, Kris Zane

The Real Reason Petraeus Resigned

The Western Center for Journalism

Kris Zane
      11/10/2012

Excerpt:

It was just a coincidence that the attack on the Benghazi consulate occurred on the anniversary of 9/11. We were told that it was really a “protest turned violent” over an anti-Islam video that had exactly seventeen views on YouTube, being uploaded two months before, averaging less than one view per day.

CIA director David Petraeus towed the party line and parroted this ludicrous YouTube story, backing up Obama in testimony to Congress.

At least until we found out that there was no protest.

At least until we found out that Obama had known it was a terrorist act in less than an hour with emails going directly to the White House Situation Room.

At least until we found out that the Obama administration had a live drone feed of the entire seven hour attack.

Then we found out the two former SEALS and then CIA operatives Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were told to repeatedly “stand down” and not help Ambassador Chris Stevens and the other Americans. But they disobeyed a direct order and went anyway, saving over twenty Americans, but paying with their lives.

Petraeus towed the party line with the video but refused to fall on the sword and say the CIA gave this stand down order, thus implicating that it was Obama who had denied help to both the consulate and CIA annex which later came under attack.

And when you cross a Chicago thug like Obama, payback is swift and lethal.

Petraeus needed to be taken out—but after the election—and before he was scheduled to testify under oath this time to Congress about what he knew about Benghazi.

View the complete article, including video, at:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/the...aeus-resigned/
      B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
      X