The Clever Way Private Gun Buyers Invaded a Gun Buyback Program in Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clever Way Private Gun Buyers Invaded a Gun Buyback Program in Seattle

Wait Until You Hear the Clever Way Private Gun Buyers Invaded a Gun Buyback Program in Seattle

The Blaze

Jason Howerton
    1/28/2013

Excerpt:

The Seattle Police Department held its first gun buyback event since the 1990s this weekend, offering people gift cards for their firearms. However, dozens of private buyers showed up in an effort to acquire the guns using the so-called gun show loophole, which allows guns to be sold without a background check.

Hundreds of people showed up Saturday morning to give their rifles and shotguns as well as semi-automatic rifles to police in exchange for gift cards worth $100 and $200 respectively, KING 5 reports. The police planned to destroy the guns and use them as rebar in local construction projects.

Meanwhile, a number of private buyers set up a makeshift gun show-style event and offered cold hard cash for guns and even lured customers with donuts.

“I pay cash, I don’t give Amazon gift cards,” one dealer told a gun seller.

“It’s a historical firearm, I would hate to see it get destroyed. I’ll give you $100 cash for it,” another buyer offered a gun owner.

Many held up signs that let gun owners know they would pay cash for unwanted firearms.

View the complete article, including video, at:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...yed-by-police/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X