No announcement yet.

Dr. Benjamin Carson Schools Barack Obama On True American Values -- Ulsterman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Benjamin Carson Schools Barack Obama On True American Values -- Ulsterman

Dr. Benjamin Carson Schools Barack Obama On True American Values

The Ulsterman Report

Ulsterman
    2/8/2013

Excerpt:

The video is already going viral – once again proving there is a real hunger by millions of Americans for true leadership both great and small in this nation. Please take the time to watch this video – it speaks not only to the dangers of the Obama administration’s policies – but also to what is decimating this country as a whole. A lack of values, vision, determination, self-determination - a people quickly becoming fully dependent on Big Government.

View the complete article, including video, at:

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/0...erican-values/
    B. Steadman

Ben Carson: US Like Ancient Rome; Obama Not My Target

Newsmax

2/8/2013

Excerpt:

World-renown pediatric neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson told conservative radio and television host Armstrong Williams on Friday that his attacks on the nation’s ills in his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast this week were not directed at President Barack Obama.

In his first interview since upstaging the president at the event on Thursday, Carson, director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore said his comments were “directed at the situation that is going on in our nation and how we can solve it.”

“It’s not an attack on anybody, but it’s saying there are logical solutions for our problems and there are things that we can all get behind — be we right wing, be we left wing,” Carson said Friday on Williams show “The Right Side.”

“It doesn’t matter, because we need to do the things that will benefit the entire society and get us moving in the right direction. We need to be able to have open discussions.”

Opening his remarks with quotations from the Old Testament books of Proverbs and Second Chronicles, the neurosurgeon blasted the nation’s $16.4 trillion debt, its cumbersome tax system — and its “inefficient” health care system.

President Obama showed no reaction to Carson’s attacks, simply sitting stoically at the dais table. First Lady Michelle Obama also was in attendance.

“Our deficit is a big problem,” said Carson, who last spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast in 1997. “Sixteen-and-a-half trillion dollars. You think that’s not a lot of money? Count one number per second. You know how long it would take to count to 16 trillion? 507,000 years. More than half-a-million years to get there.”

“What about our taxation system?” he continued. “So complex, there is no one who can possibly comply with every jot and tittle of our tax system. If I wanted to get you, I can get you on a tax issue.

‘It doesn’t make any sense. What we need to do is come up with something that’s simple.”

He then discussed the biblical principle of tithing.

“God has given us a system. He didn’t say, “If you crops fail, don’t give me a tithe.’ He didn’t say, ‘If you get a bumper crop, give me a triple-tithe.’ So, there must be something inherently fair about proportionality.

“You make $10 billion, you put in a billion. You make $10, you put in $1,” he said to applause from the audience.

“But some people say, ‘That’s not fair because it doesn’t hurt the guy who made $10 billion as much as the guy who made $10’ — but where does it say that you have the hurt the guy? He just put a billion dollars in the pot. We don’t need to hurt him.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ben...2/08/id/489602
    B. Steadman

Comment

Dr. Ben Carson On Criticizing Obamacare: "Somebody Has To Stand Up To The Bullies"

Real Clear Politics

2/11/2013

Excerpt:

DR. BENJAMIN CARSON: There are a group of people who would like to silence everybody and have everybody go along to get along, but that's not going to be very helpful for us in the long run, in terms of solving our problems. And somebody has to be courageous enough to actually stand up to, you know, the bullies.

###

DR. CARSON: One of the things I also said during the speech is there will be some people who will say, 'but you’re a doctor and you’re a surgeon, you should be sticking to that.' And I mentioned the fact that five physicians signed the Declaration of Independence and were involved in the framing of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and several other things.

There’s absolutely no reason at all that physicians, scientists, shouldn’t be involved in things that affect all of us. We’re people who've learned how to make decisions based on facts, empirical data, rather than on ideology, and one of the geniuses, one of the real things that made us a great nation, is that we brought people from all backgrounds into the legislative process. So that all of us would be able to place our interests there and we've gone significantly away from that.

And no one goes up to a lawyer and says why are you getting involved in this, that and the other thing. I don't see why they would say it to a physician, who has more education than anyone else in society.

###

DR. CARSON: There’s no question that [President Obama] has advocated, you know, basically a policy of tax the rich. And I have advocated a policy that comes from the Bible, which is a very fair policy of proportional taxation. If it was good enough for God, why wouldn’t it be good enough for us? The minute you deviate away from that, you begin to get into all kinds of biases. And one could legitimately make the argument that the rich pays too many taxes. The top 1% pays 37% of the taxes, the top 5% [pays] 59% of the taxes, but they don't make that much of the income. One could make that argument.

###

NEIL CAVUTO, FOX NEWS: Obviously, you got a quite a round of applause there. Some in that room and elsewhere since that video has gone viral have said you should run for president. What do you think of that?

DR. BENJAMIN CARSON: Well, actually I've had people tell me that for many years now. If I had a nickel for everybody who told me that, I could finance my campaign.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...e_bullies.html
      B. Steadman

Comment

Spirit of Dr. Ben Carson Will Transcend Tonight’s State of Union Address

Canada Free Press

Judi McLeod
        2/12/2013

Excerpt:

A real feeling of Hope & Change will pervade at tonight’s State of the Union Address. The first overriding feeling of Hope & Change that cannot be masked by the hypocrisy of the preening Obamas, by the hype of the Mainstream Media or the stridency of Nancy Pelosi.

The roughly 50 percent of Americans who stand firmly against the Fundamental Transformation of America have waited four long years for someone to tell President Barack Obama he has no right to destroy an America built by its Founding Fathers.

That ‘someone’ emerged Thursday at the National Prayer Breakfast in the person of Dr. Ben Carson.

Americans thrilled to the carefully chosen patriotic words of the celebrated neuro surgeon, who not only put out the call to save America, but did it with Obama seated just a few feet away.

Obama’s peeved facial expressions and unsuppressed body language gave patriots their first soaring adrenaline boost since Election Day, 2008.

There was the antithesis of Obama standing right before Obama—and the nation. You can find Obama’s life incorporated in the book Dreams From My Father, published when he was still a government-funded community organizer, as a narrative spoon-fed to an unsuspecting America.

Dr. Ben Carson, whose life is one worth one of the most inspirational books of our lifetime, got out and proved himself before writing his first book.

Leftist critics of the America-loving neurosurgeon, who claim his speech was inappropriate and even offensive, criticize in vain because Americans can easily distinguish the difference between a usurper and the real McCoy.

View the complete article at:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/53061
        B. Steadman

Comment

Neurosurgeon Ben Carson Inundated With Donations After Politically Incorrect Speech

Christian Post

Leonardo Blair
          2/15/2013

Excerpt:

Move over Dr. Oz, it looks like Dr. Benjamin Carson is America's favorite new physician and the people are loving his political incorrectness, too.

After throwing political caution to the wind in his candid speech at the National Prayer Breakfast last Thursday, renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Benjamin Carson of John Hopkins Hospital is riding his popularity with high sales of his books and being flooded with donations to his Carson Scholars Fund celebrating "intellectual superstars" in America's schools.

"The Prayer Breakfast speech has caused a lot of people to go to the Carson Scholars Fund website and many became excited about what we are doing. It is a gratifying response, the gist of which is still being assessed," said Sheila Butler, expansion coordinator at the Carson Scholars Fund, in an interview with The Christian Post on Thursday.

Another representative from the Fund, who asked not to be identified for the story because the individual was not authorized to speak to the media, told CP this week that: "Since Thursday we have been getting a lot of donations. We've seen checks from $30,000 to five dollars. Some donors want to remain anonymous while others don't really care. They are mostly just excited."

On Friday, book rankings on the website of the world's largest online retailer Amazon.com, showed that the paperback version of Dr. Carson's latest book, America the Beautiful, released by Zondervan Publishers in January, broke into its top 100 bestselling book list around the time Carson made his speech. On Friday, the book was ranked number four of the top 100, while it rested at the number three spot on the "Hot New Releases" list.

Carson, who will retire from his position as head of pediatric neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md. this June, has continually highlighted his passion for education. During his speech last Thursday, Carson told the audience, that included President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, about his passion for education and put forward the Carson Scholars Fund as one solution to America's education problem.

"I am very passionate about education because it made such a big difference in my life but here we are at a time in the world, the information age, the age of technology, and yet 30 percent of the people that enter high school in this country do not graduate, 44 percent of people who start a four-year college program do not finish it in four years. What is that about?" he asked.

Carson co-founded the Carson Scholars Fund with his wife, Candy, in 1994 to promote America's "intellectual superstars" and academic excellence in the nation's schools.

View the complete article at:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ne...eech-90156/cpt
          B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
          X