Exclusive: Joseph Farah rebuts ex-Kerry attorney on Rubio eligibility issue

WND

'Between the Lines' Editorial
    Joseph Farah
    2/13/2012

Excerpt:

"I remember those words.

“It’s not a winning issue.”

That’s what Andrew Breitbart told me at the Tea Party Nation Convention in Nashville a couple years ago after I used my keynote speech to attack Barack Obama’s flouting of the Constitution – especially with regard to his cavalier stonewalling concerning his eligibility for office.

“It’s not a winning issue.”

He may have been right. I didn’t care. Because, for me, it was – and is – a matter of principle.

Obama is not eligible. And to not challenge him is, in effect, to dumb down a critically important constitutional requirement for being president of the United States – another nail in the coffin of the ingenious document carefully crafted to guide our nation through the future.

And, just as I suspected might happen back then, today the Republicans seem hellbent on nominating for vice president a delightful, engaging, inspiring candidate who is also not eligible.

Maybe Breitbart thinks there are more important considerations right now than the Constitution’s original intent. Or maybe Breitbart, just a few years after leaving liberal-dom behind, still thinks of the Constitution as a “living document” that can mean whatever you want it to mean or whatever you need it to mean at a given time in history. Or maybe he just thinks I’m wrong.

This is what is going through my mind after reading a new piece on his website dismissing all evidence that Sen. Marco Rubio is also not eligible – written, as it were, by the former legal adviser to John Kerry’s ill-fated campaign of 2004, a man who proudly proclaims in his bio that he studied under Gov. Michael Dukakis and interned for President Bill Clinton.

Jeffrey Scott, and presumably Breitbart, is of the persuasion that one simply needs to be born in the U.S. under any circumstances, notwithstanding parentage issues, to be a “natural born citizen” and eligible to be president.

There are a number of problems with this assumption – none of which he addresses.............................."

View the complete article at:

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/its-not-a-winning-issue/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X