Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump: People will turn off 1st Democratic primary debate – because he's not in it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump: People will turn off 1st Democratic primary debate – because he's not in it

Trump says people will turn off tomorrow's Democratic primary debate – because he's not in it!

• 'I think people are going to turn it on for a couple of minutes and then fall asleep,' Trump told a Fox News audience
    • Claimed 'a person at CNN' said that 'we have to put Donald Trump in this debate. We're going to die with it'
    • First two GOP debates drew 24 million and 23 million viewers, largely on the strength of Trump's participation
    • Hammered Obama for '60 Minutes' appearance: 'I watched his performance last night and I thought it was terrible'
    • Read more of the latest news on presidential candidate Donald Trump

Daily Mail

David Martosko, Us Political Editor For Dailymail.com
    10/12/2015

Excerpt:

Tuesday's first Democratic presidential primary debate will be a low-ratings snoozefest, according to Donald Trump – because he won't be on the stage in Las Vegas.

'I think people are going to turn it on for a couple of minutes and then fall asleep,' The Donald said Monday morning on 'Fox and Friends.'

The debate will air on CNN and feature Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton at center-stage.

'I don't want to say this in a braggadocious way, but a person at CNN and a couple of other people said, "We have to put Donald Trump in this debate. We're going to die with it",' Trump claimed.

'Let's see,' he said. 'I don't think they'll do badly, because there is a curiosity factor. I don't think they're going to do great, and I think a lot of people will turn off after a little while.'

The Republican field has already endured two debate grillings, which drew audiences of 24 million and 23 million – largely on the strength of the Trump factor, as gawkers flocked to their TVs hoping to see either a political revolution or a real-time train wreck.

The Sept. 16 CNN debate was the network's most-watched program ever. Trump tweeted a snark about expecting 'flowers & a thank you note.'

Appearing along with Clinton on Tuesday will be Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb and former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee.

Only Sanders has posed a serious challenge so far to the former secretary of state. Vice President Joe Biden hasn't accepted CNN's invitation to participate as he mulls enternig the race himself.

Clinton is 'nervous about her whole future,' Trump claimed Monday. 'She's got a lot of problems, you know, beyond the debate. I think she's got a lot of problems.'

View the complete article, including images, at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-s-not-it.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X