Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITB - 'Are you better off than you were four years ago'? SNL mocks President Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITB - 'Are you better off than you were four years ago'? SNL mocks President Obama

'Are you better off than you were four years ago'? SNL mocks President with comic line-up featuring victims of struggling economy

• SNL's Thursday night political skits took aim at Obama on the campaign trail
    • Also mocked embattled Iranian president Ahmadinejad and recent NFL referee disputes

The Daily Mail/Online
    Beth Stebner
    9/27/2012

Excerpt:
    With only 39 days before the election, the president and presidential hopeful alike have been trying to respectively prove and attack the famous Reagan question – are you better off than you were four years ago?

And the cast members of Saturday Night Live proved no exception, opening on their Thursday night special with cast member Jay Pharoah as President Obama speaking at Kent State University in Ohio.

Pharoah opened by asking those in the audience which members had a job, but appeared crestfallen when person after person said their situations were more dire.

‘Who here has a job?’ he asked hopefully, looking around the room. Fred Armisen, who had the honour of playing the president in seasons’ past, raised his hand and said he was a manager at Burger King.

‘A manager at Burger King? There you go – have it your way!’ Pharoah said, then asking, ‘I bet you were behind the counter four years ago?’

Armisen glumly replied: ‘I was the vice president of Bank of America.’

The flailing economy has been a hot topic on the campaign trail this year, dividing those who see the slow economy as Mr Obama’s fault, and those who think the recovery process is a sluggish process.

Looking for more encouraging stories, Pharoah again asked who had a job. One woman said she worked at the apple store, something Pharoah jumped on.

The woman then said: ‘Oh, I don’t work for the computer store, I sell actual apples. I have a shack by the highway and sell mostly to immigrants and the occasional mule.’

View the complete article at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rger-King.html
    B. Steadman

VIDEO: 'SNL' Election Special: President Obama Courts Ohio Voters

The Huffington Post

9/27/2012

View the embedded SNL VIDEO segment at:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1921357.html

"The second and final "Saturday Night Live" election special kicked off with another President Obama cold open courtesy of new presidential impersonator Jay Pharoah.

The satirical sketch began with a live C-Span conference at an Ohio rally where President Obama searched for constituents who had better jobs than they did before 2008. As you might have guessed, most of the rally-goers he interviews are no better off than they were four years ago. We're talking about a raccoon salesman, a woman who works at an Apple store (Like, regular apples, not computers) and a guy who won a lot of money at in a lawsuit a few years ago.

Even Obama has a feeling that things haven't improved during his term, joking that his appearance has gone "from hip-hop star to jazz musician."

"I guess black do crack," he jokes."
    Last edited by bsteadman; 09-28-2012, 08:16 PM.
    B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
    X