• Show
Clear All

• ITB - 'Clueless' Star Stacey Dash Endorses Mitt Romney, Reaps Backlash

'Clueless' Star Stacey Dash Endorses Mitt Romney, Reaps Backlash

Opposing Views

Michael Allen
    10/9/2012

Excerpt:

"Actress Stacey Dash, who co-starred in the 1995 film 'Clueless,' recently started a firestorm on Twitter when she endorsed Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney on Sunday.

Dash got a response of racial slurs after claiming that Romney is the best choice for women, even though he opposes Obamacare, which provides many medical services to women without an insurance co-payment. Romney also opposes abortion, except in the instances of rape, incest or when the mother's life is in danger.

Dash tweeted: "Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future" with a photo of herself din a sexy red top in front of an American flag, reports the Daily Mail.

She also retweeted a Romney tweet: "Women have had enough of Barack Obama."

In response, one person tweeted back: "You're an unemployed black woman endorsing Mitt Romney. You're voting against yourself thrice. You poor beautiful idiot."

Another twitter user wrote: "Wait Stacey Dash is voting for Romney? You get a lil money and you forget that you’re black and a woman. Two things Romney hates."

However, Romney supporters re-tweeted her endorsement nearly 5,000 times.

One supporter wrote: "It's not against the law to speak out against Obama, yet. There are millions with you @realstaceydash. We've ALL had enough 'change.'"

Another chimed in: ''#ISupportStaceyDash It's a shame that she's condemned for supporting @MittRomney because she's black. #BlackConservativesForRomney."

View the complete article at:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/polit...reaps-backlash
    B. Steadman

Video: 'Clueless' star on backlash for backing Mitt

Politico

Caitlin McDevitt
    10/10/2012

Excerpt:

"Stacey Dash, best known for her role in “Clueless,” spoke out on CNN Tuesday about the backlash she faced after announcing her support for Mitt Romney earlier this week.

"I don't understand it. I don't get it...I was shocked, saddened,” Dash told Piers Morgan. “Not angry. Saddened and really shocked. But you know what, you can't expect everyone to agree with you."

Some critics attacked Dash, who’s African American, on racial grounds for supporting Romney.

In response, Dash paraphrased Martin Luther King, Jr., saying, “I chose him [Romney] not by the color of his skin, but the content of his character.”

Though Dash voted for Barack Obama in 2008, she said she'd like “the next four years to be different.”

View the complete article, including video, at:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/...t-137992.html?
    B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
    X