Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF/ITB - Ryan Blasts Obama’s ‘Lawlessness,’ LAUGHS OFF SUGGESTION OF IMPEACHMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF/ITB - Ryan Blasts Obama’s ‘Lawlessness,’ LAUGHS OFF SUGGESTION OF IMPEACHMENT

Ryan Blasts Obama’s ‘Lawless Presidency,’ Laughs Off Suggestion of Impeachment

Meidiaite

Evan McMurry
    2/2/2014

Excerpt:

Representative Paul Ryan (R-WI) told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos Sunday morning that President Barack Obama’s use of executive orders constituted a “lawless” presidency, but dismissed Stephanopoulos’ query as to whether he would call for an impeachment.

“It’s not the number of executive orders, it’s the scope,” Ryan said in response to Stephanopoulos’ point that Obama’s number of executive orders lag behind all prior presidents. “It’s the fact that he’s actually contradicting law, like in the health care case, or proposing new laws without going through Congress first. That’s the issue. We have an increasingly lawless presidency, where he is actually doing the job of Congress…Executive orders are one thing, but executive orders that actually change the statute, that’s totally different.”

Stephanopoulos asked if the “lawlessness” demanded that the GOP try to impeach Obama. Ryan scoffed at the suggestion.

“We have a difference of opinion, clearly, and some of those are going to get decided in court,” Ryan said. “But I am concerned about this trend, such as what he said at the State of the Union, that if Congress doesn’t give me the law I want I’m gonna go do it myself—that’s effectively what he said—that is not the way our Constitution works.”

View the complete article, including video, at:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ryan-blas...f-impeachment/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X