ITB - Oliver Stone Doesn’t Think Obama ‘Interesting Enough’ for a Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITB - Oliver Stone Doesn’t Think Obama ‘Interesting Enough’ for a Movie

Oliver Stone Disses Spielberg, Doesn’t Think Obama ‘Interesting Enough’ for a Movie

Mediaite

Josh Feldman
    2/20/2014

Excerpt:

Oliver Stone is one of those directors considered to be outside the political mainstream, as opposed to, say, Steven Spielberg, and in a new interview with Dan Rather for AXS-TV, Stone took a shot at Spielberg from the “view of exceptionalism” he brings to his films about the U.S. and American history, which have tended to be less cynical than Stone’s films.

Rather asked Stone if he would ever do a film about President Obama. Stone replied, “I don’t think he’s that interesting enough. I think that’s more of a Spielberg movie.” He elaborated on exactly what he means, dissing the view Spielberg brings to his films.

“I fault Spielberg for his view of exceptionalism. You know, he grew up in that America, he has to sell that idea. Americans like that idea.”

Rather noted how Spielberg has a “more patriotic approach to filmmaking,” and while Stone would love to “fit in,” he says he knows he’s “f*cked” and “on the wrong side of history.”

View the complete article, including video, at:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oliver-st...h-for-a-movie/
    B. Steadman

I'm not a fan of Mr. Stone on most things but I do agree with him regarding Obama.

I think Obama is one of the LEAST INTERESTING people currently in a position of power on the world stage.

He's a narcissistic, immoral, pathological liar. Furthermore, he's just a pathetic PUPPET who dances to the tune of a wide variety of radical-left masters that he either wishes to impress, who are blackmailing him, or to whom he owes allegiance for past favors.

Obama's not even a CREDIBLE TYRANT like Vladimir Putin, although I'm sure he aspires to be grow into the job with some continued help from his friends.

I can't think of any activity more BORING or TIME-WASTING than being forced to sit through a MOVIE whose main purpose is to legitimize and promote Obama.
    Last edited by bsteadman; 02-21-2014, 03:48 PM.
    B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
    X