Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITB - Amy Adams Gives Up First-Class Seat to Soldier: ‘I Didn’t Do It for Attention’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITB - Amy Adams Gives Up First-Class Seat to Soldier: ‘I Didn’t Do It for Attention’

Amy Adams Gives Up First-Class Seat to Soldier: ‘I Didn’t Do It for Attention’

Mediaite

Matt Wilstein
    6/27/2014

Excerpt:

Five-time Oscar-nominated actress Amy Adams may not have wanted “attention” when she decided to give up her first-class seat to a U.S. soldier on a flight from Detroit to Los Angeles Friday, but that’s exactly what she received. Once word of Adams’ selfless act spread, her name started trending on Facebook and Twitter, leading to more and more coverage of the gesture.

A reporter from Inside Edition managed to catch up with Adams at the airport after the flight and asked why she decided to trade in her premium seat for a spot in coach. “I didn’t do it for attention for myself,” she said. “I did it for attention for the troops.”

News of what Adams did was first brought to light by ESPN co-host Jemele Hill, who was on the plane and witnessed the whole thing:

The program also spoke to passenger Ernest Owens, who was surprised to see Adams taking the seat next to him in the back section of the plane. “She said it’s something she always wanted to do and she just decided to put her money where her mouth is,” he said.

View the complete article, including photo and video, at:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/amy-adams...for-attention/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X