• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big, Bad Story -- Doretta Wildes

Big, bad story.

by Doretta Wildes
    12/31/2012

Excerpt:

I have always been an avid reader of mysteries—from a very young age, I have been a devotée of Christie, Sayers, James, Rendell, Doyle and others. More than mere popcorn pulp, which invites the reader merely to chew (usually with his/her mouth open), a good mystery invites the reader to think along with the detective.

In a well-written murder mystery, once the weapon is found, the action is driven by the character of the suspects and, often, that of the detectives. Unearthing a motive or, at least, a reason for the murder becomes the driver of the plot. The weapon may be a major clue, but it is not the solitary focal point. Motive, character, conflict and gradual psychological unraveling are. In other words, just as in the real real world, the story hinges on the people in it, not their modes of execution. Otherwise, the story would not be credible or even interesting.

To compare a murder event such as Sandy Hook with fiction may appear superficial. It is not my intention to trivialize the horrible loss—both personal and societal—that a killing of this scale represents. But I think it’s worth noting that official stories of high profile murders in the past century are more likely to conform to agendas than to truth. The murders of John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, and the victims of the 9-11-11 collapses are just a few examples. Recent shooting rampages, particularly that of James Holmes, have been full of inconsistencies, with the trail of second shooters memory-holed and the role of psychiatric drugs minimized or ignored by a media that is largely funded by pharmaceutical giants.

In the Newtown murders, the methodology of determining who the killer(s) was/were and what motivated him/them appears so irregular and insufficient, that if Sandy Hook were a fictional mystery, this reader would give it a mighty thumbs down.

Clearly, the investigation as reported has been more about the alleged weapon(s) than the character and motive(s) of the alleged murderer. Little to nothing has been released, for instance, about Adam Lanza’s psychiatric medications. Who was his doctor? I don’t think this critical fact has been ascertained. This is odd. Very odd. But in light of all that has happened beforehand and since, perhaps not so very odd.

Something is very wrong with the Sandy Hook story. Even if you swallow the official story whole, it has a distinctive, artificial under-taste. Where the mainstream media has failed, the alternative media and citizen reporters are revealing inconvenient truths. They can do so because there are no government agencies or profit-driven sponsors sitting in their directors’ chairs. Some take a lot of heat as a result, and it is for them that the first amendment was drafted.

Here is a sampling of videos on the subject of Sandy Hook from which I think at least some of the truth—including the bankrupt state of our culture—can be gleaned. All but the first are by alternative and citizen videographers and reporters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sggsn2SfO8

This video of Obama, who pauses dramatically and wipes at his eyes, is 50% North Pole, 50% D.C. Obama is known for his cool and reserved demeanor, and this attempt to mimic genuine sorrow falls flat and down a few flights. Had I been one of the parents, I would have been deeply offended by the fakery.

http://gothamist.com/2012/12/18/sand..._zone_in_d.php

An article that examines a strange phenomenon: The connection between the Batman movie, “Dark Night Rises,” to the Sandy Hook murders. A press kit sent out last year to advertise the movie contained a map with a targeted area named “Sandy Hook” which was labeled as “Strike Zone 1.” The impulse to ascribe this to coincidence would seem logical had the Sandy Hook murder not been preceded by the Aurora shooting—at the premiere of the same movie. As E.M. Forster wrote, “Only connect.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=greuYvcMLDk

In this video, a Connecticut policeman—Mark S. Mann (a pseudonym and a pun)—is interviewed. In addition to pointing out several gaps in the media’s coverage of Sandy Hook, he asserts that Connecticut’s gun laws (which include an assault rifle ban from the 1990s, still in effect), as well as those in surrounding states are stricter than the expired ’94 federal assault weapons ban. Yet these laws failed to prevent the murders. He warns that societal and cultural violence cannot be legislated away. One of his more convincing points is that firearms prevent violent crimes, but these incidents are buried by the media under the gun control agenda. (Read about one such incident here. http://www.prisonplanet.com/media-ig...gun-owner.html)

View the complete article at:

http://dorettawildes.wordpress.com/2...big-bad-story/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X