Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharyl Attkisson: CBS Investigation Reveals Methods Used To Compromise Her Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharyl Attkisson: CBS Investigation Reveals Methods Used To Compromise Her Computers

Sharyl Attkisson: CBS Investigation Reveals ‘Sophisticated’ Methods Used To Compromise Her Computers

Mediaite

Noah Rothman
    6/14/2013

Excerpt:

On May 21, CBS News investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson revealed that she believed her personal and work computers had been compromised. The reporter, who frequently investigates stories inconvenient or frustrating to the White House, told a Philadelphia-based radio host that CBS was investigating “some compromising of my computer systems in my house, my personal computer systems as well as my work computer system.” On Friday, Attkisson revealed that the investigation had revealed that her computers were accessed by a sophisticated program designed to be nearly undetectable.

Attkisson tweeted much of the CBS News statement on Friday:

A cyber security firm hired by CBS News has determined through forensic analysis that Sharyl Attkisson’s computer was accessed by an unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions late in 2012.

Evidence suggests this party performed all access remotely using Attkisson’s accounts. While no malicious code was found, forensic analysis revealed an intruder had executed commands that appeared to involve search and exfiltration of data.

This party also used sophisticated methods to remove all possible indications of unauthorized activity, and alter system times to cause further confusion.

CBS News is taking steps to identify the responsible party and their method of access.

View the complete article at:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sharyl-at...her-computers/
    Last edited by bsteadman; 06-14-2013, 07:51 PM.
    B. Steadman
Working...
X