Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rand Paul To CNN: Won't Question Cruz Eligibility; Not A Birther For Dems Or Repubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rand Paul To CNN: Won't Question Cruz Eligibility; Not A Birther For Dems Or Repubs

Rand Paul To CNN: Won't Question Cruz Eligibility; Not A Birther For Dems Or Repubs

Birther Report

8/13/2013

Excerpt:

Paul happy with Palin praise; stays out of Cruz debate
    By Ashley Killough @ CNN

(CNN) – Republican Sen. Rand Paul welcomed praise from former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who said she's on "Team Rand" when it comes to the recent intraparty feud between the senator from Kentucky and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

In an interview to air on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront," Paul also said Tuesday he plans to stay out of the debate over whether his fellow Republican colleague Sen. Ted Cruz would be eligible to run for president. [...]

On another front, his Senate colleague Ted Cruz has stoked speculation of a potential White House bid with his recent trips to early presidential primary voting states. Some, however, question whether Cruz would be eligible to run for president, given that he was born in Canada to an American-born mother and a Cuban-born father.

But Paul said he's not wading into that debate.

"You won't find me questioning his eligibility. I decided a long time ago I wasn't going to be a birther for Democrats. I'm not a birther for Republicans," he said. "I'm staying out of that. Yeah, I'm just staying out of that one." - Continued at CNN. Hat tip Julio.

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogs...tion-cruz.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X