Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broad support across party lines for petitioin not to rush into an attack in Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broad support across party lines for petitioin not to rush into an attack in Syria

Shockingly Conservatives, Constitutionalists and Republicans are joining Democrats in signing a petition not to rush with an attack in Syria. Review by Orly Taitz

Defend Our Freedoms Foundation

Orly Taitz, Esq.
    9/3/2013

Excerpt:

It appears that a coalition of Conservatives and Liberals, Republicans and Democrats is forming in urging the Congress not to rush with a military action in yet another country. Yesterday Conservative Constitutionalist FOX- “Five” talk show host Eric Bolling, as well as his co-hosts stated that they oppose US strike in Syria.

Liberal Democrat Alan Grayson expressed the same sentiment, as he appeared on CNN. Any Congressman on both left and right knows that if they vote to rush to attack Syria, it might end up yet another prolonged conflict, might end up being an all out war with many US soldiers killed and maimed.

Every conflict is being sold to America as a “blitzkrieg”, a limited strike, a lightening war, but it inevitably turns into a long conflict. We thought that Afghanistan will be a piece of cake, but it lasts for over 10 years, same with Iraq. More Americans died in Afghanistan and Iraq, than in 9/11. Thousands of members of the military came home without limbs, without eye sight, paralyzed, so many young families are broken. Hundreds of thousands suffer from a PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. One of my sons is now doing a PhD in PTSD, so I know how wide spread this problem is.

In 9/11 we at least knew who was responsible for the attacks, as Al Qaeda took responsibility. U.S. was attacked and multiple nations joined the coalition.

Now we do not have a coalition, U.S. was not attacked, our allies were not attacked, this is an internal conflict in another country and most importantly we did not see any evidence as to who is responsible for the attack. We have seen reports going both ways, that either Assad or al Qaeda mercenaries could have been responsible for the attacks.

Arab league met yesterday and decided that the U.N. should deal with this conflict, not United States. I received an e-mail from the International Criminal bar which forwarded to all members a letter signed my multiple attorneys and engineers from the Middle East urging U.S. not to rush, not to get involved in an internal conflict.

I am not saying that Bashir al Assad is not a dictator. He is. Assad family have instilled a dictatorship which lasted decades, which started with the thirty year rule of Hafez al-Assad and continues with thirteen year rule of his son, Bashir al-Assad. I am sure that Syrians would want a true democracy, I am sure they are fed up with nearly half a century of the same family ruling the country. With that being said, let’s not forget that this is the Middle East, which is different from the US. In the Middle East it is common for the same person and the same family to stay in power for years and sometimes decades. The question is, who will take over, if U.S. strikes and helps the rebels?

Sadly we do not have a good track record in picking sides. Specifically Brack Obama, John McCain and Lindsey Graham have a terrible record. Three of them supported Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and Tunisia. By many accounts what was sold to us an Arab Spring, was nothing but a Muslim Brotherhood coup d-etat. There are many accounts stating that this Muslim Brotherhood Arab Spring was either masterminded or aided and abetted by the US, by the CIA.

Now we became the laughing stock, as Egyptians revolted against Obama’s puppet Morsi and his Muslim brotherhood regime. Currently Morsi is being tried for multiple Constitutional violations and possibly murder of members of the opposition. We have no idea who Obama and CIA are planning to put in power in Syria. Could it be another Morsi?

Yes, Assad is a dictator, but he comes from a largely secular family. While Assad belongs to Allawite sect, which is a part of Shia branch of Islam, he married Asma Al Akhras, who is a Suni. If Assad would have been a religious fanatic, he would not marry a woman from an opposing religion. Bashir al Assad is a doctor by profession, he studied medicine in Great Britain and became an ophthalmologist, an eye doctor. His wife is of an Arabic descend, but she was born and raised in Great Britain. She got her Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and French literature and she worked as an investment banker. I might be wrong, but in my opinion it is easier to reason with people who were educated in the West, who are technocrats by profession, than with some mullah, some religious fanatic.

Members of the Russian parliament offered to meet with the members of the U.S. Congress. During NAZIsm Russia and US worked together in defeating Hitler. Maybe it is worth is for members of the U.S. Congress to meet with members of Russian Duma and try to find a common ground in putting together an investigating commission to ascertain who used the chemical weapons. If Assad did it, he has to be prosecuted in international tribunal in Hague. If Al Qaeda mercenaries did it, they need to be prosecuted.

I believe the world needs to see all the evidence, as to who is responsible for the attacks. After all the evidence is out, let’s try to build a coalition in holding people who are responsible accountable. arab league decided yesterday that this internal conflict should be handled by the U.N. so, maybe we should give some deference to Arab league and their decision as to who should help them deal with their internal conflict.

.................................................. ..............

View the complete post at:

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=432499
    B. Steadman

Grayson tells White House: Don't Attack Syria

B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
    X