• Show
Clear All

• IRS Visited Dr. Ben Carson after Critical Comments about ObamaCare

IRS Visited Dr. Ben Carson after Critical Comments about ObamaCare

Political Outcast

Gary DeMar
    10/2/2013

Excerpt:

You may remember Dr. Ben Carson. Dr. Carson is a nationally recognized neurosurgeon. He spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast earlier this year where he outlined a simple way to fund healthcare without the need of a 2700-page law and tens of thousands of pages of regulations that will be implemented by faceless and nameless bureaucrats and future death panels. President Obama and Mrs. Obama were in attendance, sitting only a few feet away from Dr. Ben Carson.

Here’s what he said about our current tax system:

“What about our taxation system? So complex there is no one who can possibly comply with every jot and tittle of our tax system. If I wanted to get you, I could get you on a tax issue. That doesn’t make any sense. What we need to do is come up with something that is simple.”

In Birmingham, Alabama, speaking to hundreds of Alabama business leaders and elected officials at the annual Business Council of Alabama Chairman’s Dinner, Dr. Ben Carson told the crowd that after his prayer breakfast speech where the Obamas were present, he received a visit from the friendly folks at the IRS.

This is the same IRS that has been targeting conservative groups by holding up their paperwork and scrutinizing their donor lists while giving a pass to left-leaning, pro-Obama groupos vying for the same tax-exempt organization status..

Cliff Sims, “YellowHammer,” gave a list of some of Dr. Carson’s comments.
    • “People go into business to make money, not to support the government.”
    • “I had my first encounter with the IRS this year, unsurprisingly after the Prayer Breakfast.”
    • “I hope Hillary is the Democratic candidate, ’cause she’ll be easy to beat. Benghazi...”

It’s rather coincidental that Dr. Carson received a visit from the IRS, Lois Lerner, who ran the IRS’s section on tax-exempt organizations, pulled the Fifth Amendment card when questioned about her agency’s nefarious activities when it came to conservative groups, and her recent early retirement from the agency.

I believe it's all about intimidation. "We'll even go after a high-profile conservative like Dr. Ben Carson. What are you going to do about it?" And it works.

To show how bad the IRS activities have been, even the ACLU spoke out against the agency. Michael Macleod-Ball, chief of staff at the ACLU’s Washington Legislative Office, said, “Even the appearance of playing partisan politics with the tax code is about as constitutionally troubling as it gets. With the recent push to grant federal agencies broad new powers to mandate donor disclosure for advocacy groups on both the left and the right, there must be clear checks in place to prevent this from ever happening again.”

.................................................. ...

View the complete article at:

http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/10/...nts-obamacare/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X