THE AMERICAN SPRING (Protest in Washington, DC, May 16th) - PROS & CONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE AMERICAN SPRING (Protest in Washington, DC, May 16th) - PROS & CONS

Tyrants Don’t Respond to Peaceful Protests: “The American Spring” & Why I Can’t Support It

Freedom Outpost

Dean Garrison
    1/12/2014

Excerpt:

This is one of those times when I feel that something needs to be said. It might anger some people but it wouldn’t be the first time. I seem to have that effect on people.

First and foremost I want you to understand that I have nothing but respect for those who are planning these protests. Though I may disagree with the strategy, that does not mean that I don’t love to see people trying to rise up to do what they feel is right, but… Unfortunately that’s as far as it goes for me. I can’t keep quiet and allow everyone to go forward without at least speaking my mind. Fair enough? You don’t have to agree with me and don’t even have to read further. But for those that do want to hear my opinion, I think many will relate to it. It is all based on common sense. Before I continue, I want to give you the game plan for “The American Spring” which is set to happen on May 16th:
    Phase 1 – Field millions, as many as ten million, patriots who will assemble in a peaceful, non-violent, physically unarmed (Spiritually/Constitutionally armed), display of unswerving loyalty to the US Constitution and against the incumbent government leadership, in Washington, D.C., with the mission to bring down the existing leadership. Go full-bore, no looking back, steadfast in the mission. Phase 2 – One million or more of the assembled 10 million must be prepared to stay in D.C. as long as it takes to see Obama, Biden, Reid, McConnell, Boehner, Pelosi, and Attorney General Holder removed from office. The senior republican in the US House of Representatives will become Speaker of the House and the US House of Representatives will elect a temporary President and Vice President of the United States. The U.S. Senate will take action to elect a new majority and minority leader. As required, the U.S. Congress will execute appropriate legislation to convene new elections or U.S. States will appoint replacements for positions vacated consistent with established constitutional requirements. Phase 3 – Those with the principles of a West, Cruz, Dr. Ben Carson, Lee, DeMint, Paul, Gov Walker, Sessions, Gowdy, Jordan, will comprise a tribunal and assume positions of authority to convene investigations, recommend appropriate charges against politicians and government employees to the new U.S. Attorney General appointed by the new President. *All actions in Phase 2 & 3 will be consistent with the U.S. Constitution.

It sounds great but didn’t we just try this in November? Wasn’t this pretty much Larry Klayman’s plan? Klayman even had a good portion of the conservative press on his side. He had WND.com and lots of blogs and sites (like ours) publicizing the event consistently. He had celebrity speakers lined up and the whole plan was pretty much the same. They were going to demand that Barack Obama leave town and they were planning to camp out in front of The White House until it happened. I haven’t been to Klayman’s tent lately but I am pretty sure it is currently empty. Why didn’t this work? Because somewhere in their heart of hearts the American people know that nothing will change from waving signs and yelling through megaphones.

By some accounts, 100 people or less showed up for this highly publicized and star-studded event. Whether it was truly that low is debatable, but anyone who watched the video coverage knows that turnout was not very good. Why is that? Americans are not stupid. I got wrapped up in the hype of Klayman’s plans and almost committed money, which my family could not do without, to attend. I even had some friends in the area who graciously offered me a place to stay. Now I am glad I didn’t and I won’t even think about doing it for the American Spring.

I live 1500 miles from Washington D.C. and times are a little tight. Someone reading this is laughing at me because they live 3000 miles away or more. The point is that things are tough all over and people want to invest their money wisely. The $500 or $1500 to make a trip like this is not practical for someone who is just trying to keep food on the table. Even if I can come up with the money, why would I put it toward something that is almost guaranteed to fail? When I say it is guaranteed to fail, I am being a bit harsh. People will show up and there will be some media coverage (mostly from blogs and sites like this) and more awareness will be raised, but… I think Americans are a little sick of awareness raising and they want results.

Let me lay it out for you, the way I see it.

You don’t beg a tyrant to do the right thing. Tyrants only understand the power of leverage. Unless you can get directly into their pocketbook, like Americans are currently doing by refusing Obamacare, or threaten them physically then they will not react to your demands. Period.

There are other forms of leverage but none of them would seem to involve holding signs, yelling really loud and camping on the front lawn. I am tired of telling people to march with signs and letting them believe it will work. For me to say that is a lie because I no longer believe it will work. You are not dealing with good people here. You are dealing with evil, rotten, nasty, malicious tyrants. You can’t say, “Geez Mr. Obama you are bad for our country and we demand that you resign,” unless you have an equalizer of some sort. This could be anything from blackmail to a loaded gun but you can’t expect him to bow down to your wishes just because you have a pack of unarmed people with signs. I am not about to list everything but let me just throw a few reminders out of who these people are:
    • It has recently become known that Saudi Arabia was the state sponsor for 9/11. A lot of these former-Bush and Obama administration people are well aware of this and it means nothing to them. They view Saudi Arabia as an ally with oil and money.
    • What about Benghazi? Our government hired the February 17th Martyr’s Brigade (al Qaeda) to defend the diplomatic mission. They hired the enemy to stand guard. Forget every other detail of Benghazi. That fact alone is enough to convict a whole lot of people of treason.
    • Enemies of this administration
    • conveniently die. Have you ever wondered why your enemies never seem to conveniently die? I have wondered that about my enemies.
    • Syria lies
    • IRS targeting
    • NSA spying
    • Fast & Furious

Does this sound like the profile of someone (Barack Obama) who might just decide to do the right thing when you show up with your signs? Do you think that someone who is willing to cover for a government who killed 3000+ Americans on 9/11 is just going to say, “You are right. What were we thinking? We should step down because we are bad for America.”

THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO CONSCIENCE AND WE KEEP ACTING LIKE THEY DO!

View the complete post at:

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/01/ty...-cant-support/
    B. Steadman

FEAR NOT . This " Million Military Man March " against Washington D . C . ( district of corruption ) is just the beginning of efforts by " WE THE PEOPLE " to stand up against the tyranny , mismanagement, bad governance and destruction of our nation by obummer , reid , biden , valerie jammit , eric ' witholder , " hitlery " clinton and other criminals . We will never give up , but will continue to oppose these traitors until they are indicted , arrested and removed from our capitol and WHITEHOUSE .
    Dean Garrison should drop his negative comments about the 2nd AMERICAN REVOLUTION AND INDEPENDENCE DAY , and join the patriots who love AMERICA .
    Last edited by AMERICAN ADVOCATE; 01-13-2014, 03:39 AM.

Comment

MAY 16 PROTEST: PROS & CONS

Tea Party Nation

Morry Markovitz
      1/13/2014

Excerpt:

Some on our side have expressed doubts or even opposition to the wisdom of the planned May 16 protest demonstration in Washington DC. Their basic objection is that it’s a waste of time and effort on ineffective activity, because our Emperor is not going to abdicate his throne voluntarily just because of a protest demonstration. Well, there’s truth to that, but I think there are many potential positives on the other side which outweigh it. What follows are the reasons why I support the May 16 idea.

I agree that, in and of itself, the contemplated May 16 demonstration will not solve our problems, unless there is a confrontation between veterans and officials as THE PEOPLE en masse make their entry and citizens’ arrests with an acquiescent and supportive contingent amongst those whose job is to keep them out -- and I don't think that's in the cards -- or even if it is, I don’t think we can count on it. HOWEVER, the very fact that our battle is a long and drawn out one has a lot to do with who we are as AMERICANS. We are civilized, and we live by the rule of law, not the violence of tinpot dictatorships in 3rd World countries. This often gives rise to frustration in many ways, and we are now living through one of its greatest frustrations, if not THE greatest.

For some time I have been advocating a 3rd party, for the same reasons given by many people elsewhere. And for a LONG time I've feared that we are going to see another verification of Winston Churchill's assessment of Americans -- that we "...can always be counted on to do the right thing, AFTER (we've) tried everything else." IE, I've feared that it'd be necessary for things to get really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY very bad before the necessary draconian measures were taken.

It's the goons and barbarians on the left who believe the end justifies the means, not us. That MAY be justifiable in SOME cases of life-or-death emergency, and while you could argue we're in one such emergency nationally, I don't think we're at the imminent life or death decision point just yet.

So, I support the May 16 effort (with one caveat) for several reasons. The caveat is that I would advise individuals who're thinking of joining in to do ONLY if the expense of the trip is not a heavy financial sacrifice that they are (commendably) willing to make "for the cause." They'd be wiser to give that money to the right candidates instead, or use those days of travelling to and from DC and their time there, by working for a candidate instead. BUT, for those who WANT to go very much, and for whom it is a valuable personal experience, and who can afford to buy this "luxury" for themselves and still support candidates generously without significant effect on their personal lifestyles, I would urge them to attend. Here are my reasons:

1. It is a (final?) peaceful attempt that will show the world ours is a GRASS ROOTS, AMERICAN-culture-supported viewpoint.

2. It will help unify the various grass roots organizations and hopefully be the beginning of the kind of full-steam-ahead, no-holds-barred full-time mission that this nation undertook after Pearl Harbor. Not the same thing of course, but in terms of the level of its urgency and the willingness of MANY more people to get off their duffs, put a LOT of their time, effort, and personal skills into it, and give up a lot of creature comforts in support of their AMERICAN values of personal liberty and the pursuit of individual happiness.. In short I think it may UNIFY us, make it easier for our various groups with differences of opinion to put their differences aside, and GET ROLLING on the really fundamental goals we all share.

3. We will learn as much about our chances from the turnout and success or failure of this event, as our opposition will. If 25,000 turn up, total, then we know we haven't a chance at this time, and we know we have to either leave, or hunker down for a VERY VERY bad time in the near future and possibly for very much longer than that. If 25 million show up, we'll have a much better idea how many are out there on our side who were willing to make that effort, and it will help us make better decisions about what we can do and how best to go about it.

4. Such an event will serve as the "shot across the bow" for those many MILLIONS of Americans who are so out of touch with what's going on, that they don't have a clue as to how threatened their way of life really is. If the protest succeeds in getting large numbers, I think it will be a TREMENDOUS antidote for the poison of the MSM that we've been forced to swallow every day, as far back as most of us can remember. It will mean that SO many attended, almost every American citizen will have a neighbor amongst them, and even the MSM coverage will not be able to camouflage the participants' civility, and their resemblance to normal, everyday people, who have a sincere passion about an important issue. It will thus go a long way toward demolishing, in one fell swoop, much of the MIS-INFORMATION about the people on our side which the MSM has invested many years and many dollars of effort in brainwashing so many Americans into believing. In short, I think it may serve to accelerate the AWARENESS of our cause, AND THE URGENCY OF IT, in the minds of many Americans, and thereby very possibly cause a quantum leap in the membership numbers of our various "grass roots" organizations. If this happens, IT COULD ALSO HAVE A TREMENDOUS EFFECT ON THE NOVEMBER ELECTIONS. Even if it failed to get a single vote FOR one of our candidates (the most unlikely and worst-case outcome), at the least it would probably cause enough self-re-examination amongst many Americans to PREVENT many automatic, knee-jerk votes for the incumbents. Peer pressure can be a powerful force, and as long as so many people have negative attitudes toward us (because of the incessant subtle propaganda and distorted news selection about us), there will be a HUGE RESERVOIR of voters whose opinions and impressions can be radically altered merely by "meeting us" en masse, KNOWING how very many people are in this alleged "fringe" group, KNOWING that we are not icons for what "fringe" usually connotes, seeing that with their own eyes on a daily basis if the protest does endure for some time, etc. In other words, I think it may "wake up" a LOT of Americans to the possibility that their own "default" assumptions about our side have been inaccurate, and that we are a surprisingly OK group of normal Americans with whom they can actually identify. And by placing MERELY A FEW QUESTION MARKS over their current false views of us, it will make them curious, and receptive to our message during the campaigns, instead of being so close-minded that they never do find out we're their friends.

5. I think the message a successful May 16 event will send TO OUR ADVERSARIES carries an importance which should not be underestimated. They have been winning. They are complacent. They feel they hold all the aces, and that they are in control, and that we are too few, and/or too disorganized, and/or too unable to muster any kind of force in opposition to them that’s worth worrying about. We have to let ‘em know that if that’s their thinking now, they’d better think twice. Shake ‘em in their boots a bit. Slow ‘em down a bit. Make ‘em WORRY. Show them that the hand we hold does have a a few aces in it, and they’d BETTER fear our potential power to smash their dreams, which they think are destined to come true. It’ll make them a little more cautious – it will tell them there’s a very strong sleeping giant out there, bigger and stronger than they have been assuming, and that they’d better be careful about inciting our ire too soon. This could force them to re-assess their strategy, and slow ‘em down a bit, which would buy us time -- which we need more than they do in the current circumstances.

In short, I support anything that will help our cause either by DIRECTLY furthering it or by strengthening its ability to achieve such direct effects in the near future -- as long as its cost in LOST opportunities for same does not exceed its benefits.

.................................................. ....

View the complete post at:

http://www.teapartynation.com/profil...msg_share_post
      B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
      X